Posted 30 December 2015

Pre-paid card that I can purchase IN STORE

Hello,

Looking for one of those pre-paid debit cards that you can load money onto and then use. Want to use it mainly for online purchases. But I need one that I can pickup/purchase in store (and not need delivery or anything). Preferably one with low fees

Saw this thread but it's 3 years old: hotukdeals.com/tag…614
I was all ready to use a Pockit prepaid card because of its low fees but not sure if I can pickup instore.

Does anyone know any cards or retailers that do this?
Community Updates
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Seems a bit dodgy.. you basically want a card that's untraceable?

postoffice.co.uk/mon…ard might help.
    try morrisons they sell visa cards
    Author
    adam_holcombe

Seems a bit dodgy.. you basically want a card that's … Seems a bit dodgy.. you basically want a card that's untraceable?http://www.postoffice.co.uk/money-card might help.

I can fill in forms or whatnot in store, just don't want it delivered to my address.

Also, I've seen the post office one but while I can apply in store it isn't delivered to the store from what I understand.
    Author
    powerjumps18

try morrisons they sell visa cards

I think those are gift cards so can't be topped up again. I'd have to buy another one for £25 or £50 instead of topping up whatever I need.
    rgsc2

I can fill in forms or whatnot in store, just don't want it delivered to … I can fill in forms or whatnot in store, just don't want it delivered to my address.Also, I've seen the post office one but while I can apply in store it isn't delivered to the store from what I understand.

Why is that? They reason they generally ALL get delivered to your registered address is to minimise the risk of Fraud.

You're still sounding exceptionally dodgy..
    Author
    adam_holcombe

Why is that? They reason they generally ALL get delivered to your … Why is that? They reason they generally ALL get delivered to your registered address is to minimise the risk of Fraud. You're still sounding exceptionally dodgy..

To quote philphil61 from more than 3 years ago:

and why not? does it really matter the reasons?
    Why not use the revolt card ?

Not sure you can just pick up any pre paid like you want this days due to fraud prevention
    not sure why you want to hide your address. I have pockit card and you can use it anywhere
    there is a Mastercard sign. The address is for your protection so they can prevent fraud. If you lose a card, they can transfer the balance to a new one.
    Author
    googleboogle

Why not use the revolt card ?Not sure you can just pick up any pre paid … Why not use the revolt card ?Not sure you can just pick up any pre paid like you want this days due to fraud prevention

I know that the Spark prepaid card does it and was hoping there would be alternatives
    Author
    shabbird

not sure why you want to hide your address. I have pockit card and you … not sure why you want to hide your address. I have pockit card and you can use it anywhere there is a Mastercard sign. The address is for your protection so they can prevent fraud. If you lose a card, they can transfer the balance to a new one.

I guess I'll have to yield. While I have you, have you experienced any issues with Pockit? And do they send you any correspondence to your address after the initial letter delivering your card. Like any flyers or anything?
    (edited)
    rgsc2

I guess I'll have to yield. While I have you, have you experienced any … I guess I'll have to yield. While I have you, have you experienced any issues with Pockit? And do they send you any correspondence to your address after the initial letter delivering your card. Like any flyers or anything?

Nope.. everything is online.. Nothing in the post apart from the card. Been with them for a year now. Plenty of emails if they have offers on cashback.. as you get 15% if you spend on M&S etc,, it changes every few weeks.

If I recall correctly, the card came in a plain envelope so probably someone at that
    address wont know what it is. Don't worry about post once you get the card
    For online-only purchases you could use entropay which supply you with a virtual credit card
    Author
    shabbird

Nope.. everything is online.. Nothing in the post apart from the card. … Nope.. everything is online.. Nothing in the post apart from the card. Been with them for a year now. Plenty of emails if they have offers on cashback.. as you get 15% if you spend on M&S etc,, it changes every few weeks. If I recall correctly, the card came in a plain envelope so probably someone at that address wont know what it is. Don't worry about post once you get the card

Thanks for the answers! I'll go with Pockit.
    (edited)
    Author
    For future reference, it was a bright yellow envelope
    Just bump into your postie before he puts it through your door.
    you can buy pre paid £50 visa cards instore at argos seen it at my local mbranch numerous times
    rgsc2

For future reference, it was a bright yellow envelope

Do any of the ones you've tried work with online stores such as amazon?
    Hi guys
    I'm trying to register an account for a legal streaming service that is geoblocked. In this day and age of "Global commerce" and some British politicians wanting the UK out of the EU to be more open to trade, why am I NOT able to do the same?? I want to register for Dazn Canada, to watch ALL the football. I have a VPN, but, I cannot use my Debit Card as it is registered to the UK. Would I be able to purchase a Canadian service with a Prepaid Debit Card these days? If so, which would be the best for someone that doesn't need to use it lots? I have read I would be required to send ID for Pockit and others, is this correct? Thanks to anyone with advice
    Why is an untraceable card such a bad thing in your eyes.. cash has been anonymous for thousands of years.. Why should any company or government have the ability to know every purchese you make..
    The info can also be used to track everywhere you have been..
's avatar