Posted 17 December 2020

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War CrossGen Bundle [Xbox One / Series X/S] £4.99 @ Microsoft Store UK (Via Free Weekend / Can be gifted x 2)

Credit to @Kaizuken at MyDealz and heads up to @merb086 for the spot.

Info translated and paraphrased from MyDealz

Xbox One / Series X/S players can buy the game for £4.99 and subsequently gift the game twice to other users (Note - you can only buy the game twice as a gift because it has a cool down timer of 24 hours).

Steps:
1. Add the free Weekend game to your library i.e. Call of Duty Free Weekend.
2. Buy the Cross-Gen bundle upgrade for £4.99, or give it away!

microsoft.com/en-…tab
Community Updates
Read this in a thread by @matwalaboy and think its worth reposting here for those following this thread that might have missed it.

There is a new workaround to be able to play the single player campaign for free on your XBOX during the multiplayer free access week. Here are the steps (with thanks to mydealz and @Andorphine ):
Download the game, this installs the full game (Multiplayer, Zombies, and Campaign). You can checks this under installed games and add ons. File size should be ~93GB.
Make XBOX your home console: Settings > General > Personalisation, and then select My home Xbox.
GO OFFLINE! Settings > General > Network settings > check GO OFFLINE.
Start the game. You should now be able to start and play the full campaign. It's really important that you are offline. You must not let the game connect to the COD servers.
New Comment

142 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Spotted in thread.

There is a new workaround to be able to play the single player campaign for free on your XBOX during the multiplayer free access week. Here are the steps (with thanks to mydealz and @Andorphine ):
    Download the game, this installs the full game (Multiplayer, Zombies, and Campaign). You can checks this under installed games and add ons. File size should be ~93GB.
    Make XBOX your home console: Settings > General > Personalisation, and then select My home Xbox.
    GO OFFLINE! Settings > General > Network settings > check GO OFFLINE.
    Start the game. You should now be able to start and play the full campaign. It's really important that you are offline. You must not let the game connect to the COD servers. (edited)
    I can't get my head around how this will continue to work after the free weekend
    Isn't this like the glitch there was last month?
    It's dead. It says £51.99 for me
    microsoft.com/en-…hnm?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

This one. I'd be skeptical it'll work after
    I've a feeling you're paying for an enhanced version of a game for the duration of its free weekend here

Regardless, I own the non Series X version, so I'm happy to upgrade for a fiver, cheers Joey.
    Thunderlips6917/12/2020 22:23

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-cross-gen-bundle-upgrade/9mxpqc207hnm?activetab=pivot:overviewtabThis one. I'd be skeptical it'll work after

Cheers for this, I actually own the standard edition and have been trying to buy the upgrade forever but couldn't find it anywhere.
    The glitch does work, you just needs to follow the step by step guide.
    Worked for me on PS5. Downloaded the free access, then was able to get the "upgrade bundle" for a fiver in the app. Currently downloading the full game! (I didn't own Black Ops prior to this... only modern warfare)

43215886-FQREp.jpg (edited)
    My Internet is slow af but I’ve started the download. It’ll be like checking if Santa has been in the morning and I’ll either have the game for a fiver or a lump of coal
    How do you know it's gonna work after the free time?
    Can I play this on pc?
    Glitch gang
    This is just the upgrade from the standard edition.

Requires standard edition to upgrade.
    Author
    deleted99853617/12/2020 22:26

That's how I read it! Says it requires a game.[Image] [Image]

It's the upgrade at £4.99 you need, the free weekend variant is incorrectly eligible for the £4.99 upgrade to the Cross Gen version according to folk at MyDealz.
    Yep can’t see this working past the weekend. They grant you access to the full game code with the free weekend and that will revoke at the end of the weekend. You are playing £4.99 to upgrade the demo.
    Firstly, its not a weekend, its a full week.
    Secondly, £5 to play the 8hr campaign in a week is decent value!
    Third, if it works after the week trial is up, nice bonus!
    Fourth, if anyone is on series x there are two free versions, I recommend downloading the basic one with smaller file size so this can then be upgraded to next gen bundle instead of the series x version
    Had £9 on a digital gift card from redeeming Microsoft rewards points, so took a punt, risk free.
    Couple with game sharing, and don't forget you can gift this to someone for £4.99, it's surely gotta be worth a punt for less than a fiver!
    Ahh the days of the supermarkets selling the latest COD for £25 fond memories.
    moneybanks1417/12/2020 23:10

[Image] [Image] Yay or nay?

It's the same as a free weekend, the licence will be revoked on Monday when it ends.
    This one is gonna get toasty...
    Author
    paul.boucher17/12/2020 22:22

Showing £51.99 for me cross gen bundle not sure what I’m doing wrong

It's the upgrade at £4.99 you need, the free weekend variant is incorrectly eligible for the £4.99 upgrade to the Cross Gen version according to folk at MyDealz.
    Author
    Heazy17/12/2020 22:24

This is just the upgrade from the standard edition.Requires standard …This is just the upgrade from the standard edition.Requires standard edition to upgrade.

Heazy17/12/2020 22:24

This is just the upgrade from the standard edition.Requires standard …This is just the upgrade from the standard edition.Requires standard edition to upgrade.

That's how I read it! Says it requires a game.

43215780-1mLDy.jpg43215780-jZuB6.jpg
    Like I said earlier @deleted449189 ..
    Cheers
    Publication117/12/2020 22:24

So can I sell my physical game and get the same thing for £5

Yeah I'll give you a fiver
    Ordered came up at 4.99 thanks .that's awsome!!!
    BuzzDuraband17/12/2020 22:29

I've a feeling you're paying for an enhanced version of a game for the dura …I've a feeling you're paying for an enhanced version of a game for the duration of its free weekend here Regardless, I own the non Series X version, so I'm happy to upgrade for a fiver, cheers Joey.

I don't know I actually cancelled the install of the free weekend and this is still installing.
    The crossgen upgrade literally lists that you need the game to make use of it.

You're tossing away a fiver for something you won't be able to access come Monday, and good luck talking your way into a refund with the support chats!
    Peew97117/12/2020 22:33

The upgrade was always £4.99 but you needed to own the standard edition …The upgrade was always £4.99 but you needed to own the standard edition first.

So the upgrade is effectively unlocking the full game?
    Can anyone confirm this unlocks the single player mode on the free weekend version? I'd pay a fiver for that still, will take me back to early 2000s renting games from Blockbuster!
    I ordered this too hoping I could sell my physical copy but this isn’t going to entitle you to the full game past the weekend. Just put a refund request in and they refunded it immediately
    Love how everyone’s getting so confused over this. Basically if you already own the standard digital edition then happy days you can pay £4.99 and upgrade it to next gen. If you don’t already own it then you’re going to be paying £4.99 for something that’ll be useless once the free trial ends
    Publication117/12/2020 22:41

What of you have the physical copy none series x

Maybe that still works too but not 100% sure
    So seems like no one has actually done this and confirmed it unlocked the full game
    The link does explain it pretty clearly.

For DIGITAL OWNERS

43216162-nY3dR.jpg
    BlueLiving17/12/2020 22:33

The crossgen upgrade literally lists that you need the game to make use of …The crossgen upgrade literally lists that you need the game to make use of it.You're tossing away a fiver for something you won't be able to access come Monday, and good luck talking your way into a refund with the support chats!

43216302-72zGq.jpg
    Looks like both to me and I have deleted the free weekend download.
    BuzzDuraband17/12/2020 22:57

Yes bud, but see the store listing...[Image] Works with, not includes. As …Yes bud, but see the store listing...[Image] Works with, not includes. As I said, I owned the none Series X version and have now purchased the upgrade. Its not a new game in my library, the only thing added was a 10mb upgrade.

Definitely wishful thinking on my part. Only way to find out for sure is to gift the upgrade code on its own to someone who hasn't downloaded the free trial and see if it works. (edited)
    BuzzDuraband17/12/2020 23:06

This is the cross gen bundle that includes both.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/Call- …This is the cross gen bundle that includes both.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-Cold-War---Cross-Gen-Bundle/9N863WLSHZGVYou own one of the two needed.

I think is right I gifted it to myself and checked what it comes up with under redeem. This is what it's listed as:

43216403.jpg
    Listed as cross gen upgrade not as cross gen bundle. (edited)
    tjbargh17/12/2020 23:05

You will have the game as it’s free to play for a week but after that free …You will have the game as it’s free to play for a week but after that free period you won’t have access to it

Hope you’re wrong! Worst case I’ve lost a fiver or might even get that back if I don’t have the game. £58 in Asda this year, f-that!
    Maverick7717/12/2020 23:08

I think @BuzzDuraband is right I gifted it to myself and checked what it …I think @BuzzDuraband is right I gifted it to myself and checked what it comes up with under redeem. This is what it's listed as:[Image] Listed as cross gen upgrade not as cross gen bundle.

Ah well worst case scenario is its cost me a tenner to keep on playstation in total if that method sticks. (edited)
's avatar