Posted 3 days ago

Problems with Agoda ?

Has anyone had any problems booking through Agoda before?

Searched for a hotel in sharm el sheikh on trip advisor and used their price comparison to find the cheapest provider once we decided on a hotel. It was Agoda. Turned up at the hotel and they have no confirmation of our booking even though Agoda are still staying its confirmed and taken payment. Going round inn circles with Agoda and the hotel to try get the booking accepted. Already had to pay for an additional night while it’s resolved. 

Any help appreciated
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    not sure what anyone on here can do for you except wish you luck
    Author
    I’m not after luck. Share similar experiences. May prevent others experiencing this in future. Thanks for your help.
    "Turned up at the hotel and they have no confirmation of our booking even though Agoda are still staying its confirmed and taken payment"

Does that mean that Agoda have paid the hotel or not?
    Depends on the contract... Agoda pay some after the stay, some before, some just arranged and the person pays.

Either way, the Hotel will have the confirmation.. Odd they are saying they don't..

Personally I've used them twice in the last 3 months and have had no problems. (edited)
    Have used them many times and never had a problem, suspect the fault is at the hotel's end.
    They are also a part of Booking.com
    Used them to book 8 hotels as part of my Japan trip last year and didn't have a problem with any booking.
    Used Agoda maybe 20-30 times and never had a problem. They are part of booking com so while issues do happen they are unlikely to be regular as they'd not really get away with it.
    Used them multiple times and over 000’s in booking. No issues at all. Sometimes best deal when compared with others
    Used them a couple of times without issue. Both times I’ve emailed in advance to ask hotel to confirm they had booking and they had

did this as id seen others report what you are saying 
    Author
    Seems Agoda bought from a third party who seem to be the one that cancelled the booking without informing anyone.

After quite a strong email and rebooking directly with the hotel which was double the Agoda price, Agoda have agreed to cover the additional costs. (edited)
's avatar