Posted 22 hours ago

PS4 disc tray issue

I've recently noticed a strange issue with my PS4 slim where it refuses to accept discs unless I move the disc towards the left hand side of the tray and I also have to push it most of the way until it finally accepts the disc.

Has anyone else had a similar issue or know a fix? It still seems to play fine it's just recently I've been considering selling it to get a PS5 and ideally don't want to sell it as faulty and get less.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It sounds like a mechanical misalignment, relatively straight forward to fix, but you need to break the warranty seal and disassemble the optical drive. Plenty of tutorials on Youtube.
    Author
    Is there any in particular you would recommend or are they mostly the same sort of thing?
    Sounds like the rollers, there's two on either side and can get dirty or ones popped out of place! As above mentioned you'd need to open the console.
    Tronicsfix or YouTube has fixed boat loads with that issue
    Author
    I've noticed it started when I changed my hard drive so I'm guessing something moved or popped out of place when I turned it over whilst upgrading the HD