Posted 22 February 2024

Python For Beginners: A Practical and Step-by-Step Guide to Programming with Python Kindle Edition

Paperback version available for £10.52

Book overview
Python For Beginners: A Practical and Step-by-Step Guide to Programming with Python

amazon.co.uk/dp/…14F

Book Description

This book is for beginners in programming and Python.

The book covers all the basic and fundamental elements of programming in Python, including topics such as computers, programming, algorithms, variables, conditionals, loops, functions, lists, dictionaries, files, and a brief introduction to libraries. It is a short book designed not to overwhelm the reader. You will find hundreds of pieces of code, diagrams, a cheat sheet, exercises, and a very practical approach to learning. You'll be up and running with Python in no time.

By the end of the book, you will have acquired knowledge about basic programming concepts and techniques, which can later be applied to more advanced projects. This will allow you to continue your learning journey with greater ease and confidence.

What you will learn:
The basic elements of computing and programming.
How to design algorithms.
How to use Colab.
The fundamental elements of Python programming language.
How to solve dozens of programming exercises.
How to manipulate files and perform data analysis.
How to use libraries in Python and create charts with Matplotlib.

This book contains the following chapters:
Chapter 01 – Introduction.
Chapter 02 – Computers and programming.
Chapter 03 – Python.
Chapter 04 – Hello world in Colab.
Chapter 05 – Int, float, and str variables.
Chapter 06 – Data input and output.
Chapter 07 – Simple conditionals.
Chapter 08 – Multiple conditionals.
Chapter 09 – While loop.
Chapter 10 – Strings.
Chapter 11 – Lists.
Chapter 12 – Dictionaries.
Chapter 13 – For loop.
Chapter 14 – Functions.
Chapter 15 – Counters, accumulators, and flags.
Chapter 16 – Files.
Chapter 17 – Libraries – Matplotlib.
Chapter 18 – Continue your learning.
Chapter 19 – Exercise solutions.

Who is this book for?

This book is ideal for beginners or novices who want to learn the basics of programming in an easy-to-follow way. It can be used by students, professionals, adults or educators.
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Every time I try and learn Python I loose the plot, unfortunately years of using C and Visual Basic for work have set my mind in stone.
    Just try and remember when you used to write pseudo code. It’s closer to that than C.
    Thanks OP
    Thanks
    I'm used to php coding but I'll have a go at this.. I like a challenge.. Ty OP
    Thanks looks good appreciate it
    Reading the free sample pages, certainly appears to be well written compared to some of the KDP Python free drivel that keeps popping up on here.
    Heated.
's avatar