Posted 2 days ago

Rab coat

Has anyone got a Rab down filled coat that they have washed? We did this and it has gone into clumps inside the coat , the website says about trying to spread out the clumps to fill the baffles we have tried this but it still hasn't filled the coat. So if anyone has had experience of this and managed to sort it out please any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Is it made with feathers? If so put it in the tumble dryer with some tennis balls, used to was my Helly Hansen puffer jacket like that back in the late 90s
    Hope that helps
    Author
    Cheers I'll try that tomorrow
    It sounds like it's not dry yet, they take a lot to dry them, 2 cycles in a low tumble dryer at least.

edit. Rab offer a washing service for £25 or follow the advice here.

washing instructions (edited)
    Tumble dry on low setting. Got several of these jackets both down and man made filling, all come out fine.
    Best advice is avoiding ever having to wash a down jacket. Got a few, never washed any of them
    Author
    Next time I'll just use an anti bac wipe
    Author
    So I bought some laundry balls, put the jacket back through the washer put it on gentle dry with the balls for quite a few cycles and it has turned out ok, a couple of flat spots but the rest is ok
's avatar