Posted 28 January 2024

Remove/Disable Alarm on a Mini One 2004

I've got a few options but not sure which is best.

1) Remove the fuse (but I believe this disables the immobiliser and interior scanner) is this wise?
2) Locate the alarm/siren and unplug (anyone know where it is/ what it looks like?)
3) Put a hit on my neighbour who left a note
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Option 4.
    Ask on a mini forum
    Option 5.
    Search similar threads on said forum/ Google
    I had trouble with my alarm going off on my car, found out replacing battery fixed it.
    Beat me to this. About 20 years ago my Vauxhall Nova alarm kept going off, was the battery
    Option 3
    Is there an internal motion sensor? If so, try disabling that (usually just a button above driver seat next to interior light), maybe you have a ghost in your car.
    Had same problem with my alarm going off. Checked sensors, couldn't find the issue so pulled the fuse. Didn't disable anything else and problem solved.
    Don’t forget to inform your insurance company that it doesn’t have a working alarm.
    3) Put a hit on my neighbour who left a note

Can we have a storytime for this?
    Author
    Option 3 is quite expensive, Inflation eh.

forgot Option 4, I need an ear test as I haven't actually heard the alarm yet, I saw it flashing a few days ago but weirdly no noise.
    Author
    Yeah, Ive read up but not been able to locate the alarm, ive found I can manually disable the interior scanner by the keyfob, but this is just for people leaving dogs in cars.
    In this period of sudden temperature drops, it may be the contraction of the air, or the increase in moisture that triggers the alarm. Try the dog option.
    It could also be someone's interested in your car, and keeps rocking it, waiting for the day you turn the alarm off
    Option 3 splatsplatsplat him up
's avatar