Posted 31 January 2024

RWG Network Issue(s)

Hi all,

I'm currently using RWG network in my phone. I've had a few people tell me that when they try calling me it goes straight to voice mail, I've even sat next to them - it's gone to voicemail and my phone doesn't receive any incoming calls. My data and SMS works fine.

Also, during previous phonecalls, I've needed to access the Internet (emails, websites etc) but I've not been able to use data. Once the phonecall has ended, my internet is back up and running.

Anybody got any advice?

Cheers
Community Updates
New Comment

26 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You could try a sim swap, get a new sim and get your number transferred to the new sim. My dad had something odd happen, he was on 1p mobile but I wanted to put him on o2 classic because he didn't use much credit, got PAC code and transferred but for some reason he couldn't send SMS messages, tried everything ringing up o2 multiple times. So decided to port his number to RWG and then his SMS outbound worked again. Recently I thought I would try porting to o2 again as it has cheaper rates and this time it all worked fine, he can send and recieve SMS and phone calls etc. Not sure what happened the first time, some glitches happen it seems.
    Most probably due to SMS Service Center (SMSC) for the network inadvertently missing from phone settings. Obtain this number from network in use and add manually if missing. Go to your phone application, find the hidden menu by typing *#*#4636#*#*. · Tap Phone Information and look for SMSC, if number missing for whatever reason, type it in and things should work.
    I had the same - had a few emails with support, filled out a form for EE, chased for a reply and nothing.
    Been calling myself about 20 times a day for 2 weeks, to test - call went through about 1 in 25 attempts.
    Same on a spare free RWG sim.
    Ported back to Lebara an hour ago - all working, including WiFi calling.
    RWG - never again!
    I have this trouble with Lika mobile, they are not allowed to be mentioned on here.
    Moving to Lebara tomorrow.
    The signal drops out after calls, poor signal during calls.
    No internet during calls, same EE Network.
    No internet during calls could be my phone as had it on other networks.
    Poco F2 Pro.
    Was going over to RWG, but Lebara offering 15gb unlimited calls and texts for £0.99p a month
    for 6 months.
    Author
    Lebara was shocking Signal. Can't really fault RWG's signal as I get it everywhere, it just disconnects during phonecalls and won't allow other mobiles to ring me. I can't see it being my phone, I've never had this issue on other networks
    What did RWG say when you contacted them about this issue?
    Author
    Awaiting response.
    This happens with cheap networks. They are cheap for a reason. You will find that you miss calls, particularly if you are indoors as the signal is poor. Data is also very poor indoors.

Go to another SIM provider.
    Same thing for me. Contacted RWG support and they posted me a replacement SIM card. Only got it yesterday, so hard to say if it's solved it or not, but my couple of test calls have all gone through.

My phone is a Redmi Note 10 Pro - saw some posts online saying it happens with that.

I swapped Sims with my wife's phone though and it still happened to my SIM in her phone

Oh, and for in the meantime - I changed my voicemail message to say that if they'd gone straight to voicemail to try hanging up and calling again as often the second call connected (edited)
    The replacement sim didn't make any difference.

RWG have now sent me a form to fill out to raise it with EE, so you'd be best to ask them to send you that directly.
    Try switching off WiFi calling it worked for me on another network in a different country
    Thanks, but I think I'd read that somewhere and had turned it off already (no difference for me)
    Me and several other people have the same issue.

They won't prove a pac code or provide a partial refund and let me leave so I've probably lost my number

Filled in a form to let EE take a look into the issues. Now I'm being ghosted.

About to sign up to sky mobile with a new number, got better things to do than waste time trying to get an answer from a bunch of cabbages sitting in an office in Wales somewhere. (edited)
    have you texted PAC to 65075?
    I did 2 weeks ago and used it to port to Lebara 10 days ago just fine
    I am experiencing the same issue.

About 1/5 calls going through. The rest going to voicemail.

Will have to switch network but am unsure if I need to avoid just RWG or EE all together.
    Try switching your mobile network manually to Now 2G instead of Now 4G
's avatar