Posted 24 January 2024

S23 Ultra - Outright price. when will it reduce in cost

I've got my Xperia 1ii since Dec 2020. It's battery is now showing signs of decline. I buy phones outright which I much prefer doing. I'm looking to get the S23 ultra but it's still over 1k.

I'm also thinking of buying from back market but unsure of buying pre-owned as my phones normally last 3-4 years and if it's pre-owned I don't know how much the phone battery is used up. Thinking of possibly getting the S22 ultra depending if the S23 drops.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar

I also buy outright (~£400 every four years average) No sign of batteries in my phone. Could it be Samsung is artificially ageing your battery (like Apple was caught doing) so you upgrade to the next "flagship model" costing £1K+, then rinse n repeat?

52061939-CKx7v.jpg
    I'm heavily invested in Tech trackers so Apple/Samsung do form a big percentage of my portfolio, so I do gain (at least on paper) from their users.
    S24 ultra direct from Samsung is £1250 for the 512, or as low as £750 if you have a suitable trade in, but that has to be a very recent device, from a select few suppliers.
    If you could get it from the States the trade in options are better
's avatar