Posted 24 December 2023

Seiko 5 Sports SRPK39K1 Bruce Lee Watch - Limited Edition - W24174 - £450

Seiko 5 Sports SRPK39K1 Bruce Lee Watch - Limited Edition - W24174

4268208_1.jpg
This model is inspired by the martial arts expert and movie star Bruce Lee, who was known for wearing Seiko 5 Sports in the 1970s. Its looks are based on the SKX design, with special features to recognise Lee’s philosophy and interests. Bruce Lee's dragon artwork is etched intricately onto the dial and on the back of the leather strap, whilst the black case and black leather strap have been designed to resemble his Kung Fu outfits and the nylon strap resembles his tracksuit style. The caseback showcases the ‘Jeet Kune Do’ logo, which is a reference to his eclectic martial arts philosophy, conceived by him from his experiences in unarmed fighting and self-defence. The characters on the dial are a reference to the Jeet Kune Do teaching of 'Using no way as way, having no limitation as limitation.'

Renowned for its performance and reliability, Seiko’s inhouse 4R36 automatic movement powers the watch and it is an automatic calibre with manual-winding ability, convenient hacking-seconds function and quick date change facility showing both the day of the week and date of month. With a 41-hour power reserve and 24 jewels, it beats at 21,600vph and has both a good level of anti-shock and anti-magnetic protection for peace of mind. With a scratch resistant ‘Hardlex’ glass and a robust case featuring a screw down crown with crown guards providing 100m water resistance. The unidirectional bezel provides additional and flexible timing options. The beautiful dial has index’s and handset that incorporate LumiBrite material, ensuring nighttime visibility.
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Thanks for sharing this.

I was looking for a present for my bro for his big birthday next year this would have been ideal.

Gutted it's a bit out of my budget..
    Author
    Nice find. Post it