Posted 25 December 2023

Setting up new Xbox on gamepass, already have an account

Merry Christmas everyone. My young son has just got a new Xbox for Christmas. It's the series S.

We have a gamepass account linked to his older brothers series S

my youngest son, had an Xbox one console prior to this. He had access to the gamepass account on this console and had his own account set up there.

I have now signed on his account and he has no access to gamepass.

Does anyone known the solution for this because it was set up fine previously on his Xbox one.

My oldest son is complaining that he can't use his account for the new Xbox because it will sign him in whenever my youngest son turns on the Xbox.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You will need to sign in on the new Xbox with the account which has the active game pass sub and then go to settings and choose "make this my home Xbox" then you can sign into whichever account you like on the new Xbox and game pass is now shared
    Author
    This doesn't seem to be working. I set the new xbox as home. But I have to sign in to my son's account, then switch to my other son's account to get game pass working. It doesnt work on my youngests account unless his older brother is signed in on the console as well.
    I'm not sure how game sharing works on Xbox but on the PlayStation me and my mate have to enable each others PS5 as primary, maybe Xbox had a similar thing. Or have you signed him out of the old Xbox as it could see 3 linked?
    Hope you get sorted and have a great rest of your Christmas Day