Posted 1 day ago

Shop Betting

Hi guys, trying to start a discussion here about getting the best offers and of course the best value from our local high street bookmakers.

So I thought I would go first.

Bet Fred have a weekend and a midweek football coupon called goals galore bonus.

Select from the long list a minimum of 3 games right up to 15 games where you think both teams will score.

I like to pick 4 teams at odds of 9/1.

I then go on to Betfairs exchange site about an hour before kick off after the team news has been released and check the odds on all the games that are on the goals galore bonus coupon.

Betfairs odds are in decimals not fractions but that doesn't matter. If you are picking 4 games let's say, then you need to pick the 4 games that Betfair has at the lowest odds.

Just to remind everyone we are only checking odds of games on betfair that bet Fred have printed on the football coupon, that should be less than 1.778.

So wheres the offer or value in this?

Well Bet Fred's offers odds of 9/1 for both teams to score when you chose 4 games. So we convert those odds to decimal and that equals 10.0 or 1.u78 x1.778 x 1.778 x 1.778 and not 10.0 divided by 4 which I incorrectly stated previously).

Remember I said before we were looking for odds on Betfair of under 1.778.

If you find odds of less than 1.778 on betfair for certain matches then these are the games that you select for your goals galore bonus coupon.

So there are 2 reasons we bet instore.

1. The odds are better than they are online.
2. You will come on top over time if you do this right but you won't win everytime.

Please gamble responsibly guys and only within your limits. What I have said does not constitute advice. Do your own research if you aren't comfortable using this offer.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    [deleted]
    Author
    £100 max stake each time.

Odds are you will win every 5 or 6 times but mathematical variance means you can go on long winning and losing streaks before you average a win every 5 or 6 times.

I'd probably bank roll maybe a thousand if you are doing £100 bets each time.

There are many good and reliable ways professionals do make bitcoin money doing these kinda things.

To clarify, you won't make bitcoin on this one idea but that was never my intention to give that impression, so apologies if I did.
    Well Bet Fred's offers odds of 9/1 for both teams to score when you chose 4 games. So we convert those odds to decimal and that equals 10.0 or 2.5 per game on average if we did 4 single bets.
    Sounds like the Betfred offer is one similar to an accumulator/multiple, bet £1 return £10 (gain £9) if all teams in the four games score. In that case, the odds won't be 2.5 per game as the odds of an accumulator is calculated by multiplying the odds of each leg. The actual odds of each leg will be 4√10 or 1.778, less than the 1.8 of betfair.
    Author
    Thanks my mistake, I have corrected the post
    What happens when one of the teams in the four matches in either set doesn’t score?
    Author
    You lose your stake
    Have you looked at 'sharbing' it is matched betting with instore and online exchanges.
    Author
    Yeah I have thanks for the suggestion

You kindly suggested on another thread here last month I checkef out the old MSE threads which sadly have gone. I did eventually find a few tit bits here and there about serious gamblers doing it as a full time income but the information is very limited out there.

What I did discover is there are various strategies used. So the tip I gave about Bet Fred would probably be used by those who have moved on from matched betting and want to earn a bit more on top of that.

There are strategies on dogs and horses that professional sharbers use which are a but more complicated.

Most sharbers I'm guessing probably came from matched betting and arbritage betting backgrounds and now just do value betting and/or betfair trading where they know they are getting better odds.
's avatar