Posted 24 hours ago

Shower tap adaptor for elderly person

4325548-RKnFO.jpg
My shower has this cylindrical tap which my father finds difficult to turn on and off due to the lack of grip and the fact that it rotates away or towards you. I wonder whether there's any adaptor that may help solve that issue or whether I need to get one built (either using a 3D printer or something else). TIA
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Not sure anyone would want to spend the time custom cad designing something for that.

Looks like a regular thermostatic shower bar. Why not replace with one designed for the needs of the elderly tritonshowers.co.uk/eli…wer
    You might find that cap is just held on with a screw. In which case you might be able to replace it with a lever handle. Won't look as pretty, but its only a couple of mins work
    It's pretty much the same as a tap head imo. Try removing the end cap from the shower and removing the grub screw that's holding the current head. Then maybe replace it with a tap head from eBay or Amazon. It will be just about getting a suitable version that has the correct splines.
    I'd go to the local disability / mobility shop and see what they suggest. There are some ' Tap Turners' on Amazon but reported as being a bit flimsy, the good thing about Amazon is you can try them and if not suitable send them back. Many councils and health authorities also supply gadgets for disabled for free. (edited)
    Is it his home, or rented? If the latter then the landlord has a responsibility
    Author
    My shower. I will give the other ideas a try
    i don't think there is anything on the market. you could do a makeshift grip and glue it on.
    If you just want some grip, cheapest solution is get elastic band to wrap around. (edited)
    Author
    ohhhh... That's an idea.
    How about this on Temu for around £2.40.
    Look for "bike handlebar extension"

52556715-saxCu.jpg
's avatar