Posted 22 February 2024

Speakers for YAMAHA CRXN470D?

All you experienced audio guys out there... can you recommend me a pair of budget speakers to use with the YAMAHA CRXN470D? It has a built in amp so i understand i can only use passive speakers. Budget is £80 max. 90% of use will be listening to my Heavy metal CD collection, other 10% via USB. The Unit has bluetooth out so will be listening at times via BT and wired headphones so did not want to spend too much on speakers. Output Power/Channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD) 22w + 22w

SPECS
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've always been impressed with Q Acoustics, you'll easily pick up some 1020/2020/3010 for that price second hand.
    Look for some used Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 (legendary budget speakers), CEX sometimes have them, always some on eBay

Should find some in the £50 price range, nothing comes close to them at this budget level

whathifi.com/wha…iew (edited)
    Author
    Thanks for both replies. I can only see Diamond 9.0 speakers listed on CEX ( out of stock ) but will check back again...CEX must be a popular place to buy speakers as Q Acoustics budget models all OOS too.
    Active speakers just meant they have their own amps built in, you can still use them with a separate amp as far as I'm aware. But you don't really want active speakers anyway.
    Richer sounds is the cheapest place to get reasonable speakers, but having a look there isn't a lot of choice for your price range.
    Author
    Thanks, i am over 60 miles away from my Richersounds and have to use Richersounds.ie as i am in n.ireland.
    They did have some Fyne Audio F300 speakers heavily reduced to £49.99 but i missed the boat there as took too long to checkout..might go for some bog standard Fenton DMS40 at £38 new if nothing appears on CEX next few days.

Ok, did not know i could still use active speakers with the Yamaha..that is interesting as opens up a shedload of more options. (edited)
    Author
    Thanks all for the replies. just bought Yamaha NSBP182 speakers for £40 so happy with that
's avatar