Posted 30 December 2023

Thoughts on 2pac AI generated music

I'm a massive 2pac fan, I have heard a number of AI tracks and am torn on how I feel about them as although some are banging they are stil not Pac. I have just listened to this album on youtube and it is so well done but still it's just AI. Four Cornered Room 2023 [A.I. Voice Conversion]
How do others feel?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Had a quick flick through there, sounds good to me. I've been listening to him since I was a kid. There's some good remix of stuff on YT, I like this one below

youtu.be/Scr…Iw7
    Author
    For remixes, my guy at Westside Ent. Is banging, he did a 2pac & Biggie compilation a few years back that I love. Here one of his tracks
    Can't support it regardless of how good it sounds as it's not the original art work of the artist. More of a Notorious B.I.G fan myself.
    Some of tupacs biggest hits was put together after his death. His death wasn't even reported on the TV here in England. I had to check mtv ceefax to find out.
    I have no problem with this project.
    However I have a wider view about AI music.
    For every track listened to or downloaded that's one from a new artist that doesn't get listened to.
    My concern is that its very hard for artists to get traction as it is and with AI money can be made with zero going back to actual musicians and songwriters.
    Author
    This for me is one of the issues as well, maybe if AI generated music does get on sites like Spotify then a percentage must go to the artist or their estate as at the end of the day it is their voices being used so they should earn from it. When it comes to youtube it is a harder thing to deal with.
's avatar