Posted 11 July 2020

TPlink Deco M5 3xunits. Flashing blue led?

I setup the first unit as an AP. I moved to another bedroom and plugged in the second unit. All I get from the second unit is a flashing blue led.
I have no idea if it is setup.
Any ideas?

Never mind, found it, little + at top right of app, now if only it would find the freaking 2nd one!

I had to move the 2nd one into the same room as the 1st one and then the 2nd was found. So I moved it back where I wanted it. Now this location is the same place where I had an RE300 extender which had no problem extedning the signal.
I dont know whether it is the fact I plugged the 2nd unit in again, but all I got was a flashing red led. I moved it to another socket in case it was pipes or suchlike, and again, all I got was a flashing red led. I have had to reset this 2nd unit to see if it can be picked up again by the app, but I ain't impressed so far.

it seems to flash red when plugging it in somewhere else and then after a few mins it goes green.

if the instructions say that, then I missed those instructions.

Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

2 Comments

's avatar
    Is you router in modem mode or are you using tp as extenders?

i put the SH in modem mode put them all in same room connected the first one put the rj45 cable in the back then connected other 2 then moved to where I wanted...
    Author
    AP mode for the moment. They are all setup now and seem to be working ok. Will turn off all that the Deco can do on my router 2moro morn and let the Deco handle it. Oh what it is to have kids and to time when I am "allowed" to fool around with the WiFi