Posted 16 January 2024

Vodafone

Hi people
I need expertise form someone who has been through similar situation.
I have been asked by Vodafone to merged my 2 numbers on 1 account last month without telling me I can only access one very me account despite paying £16 each monthly on both numbers and my contact ends on Aug24 and oct 24
I had 2 accounts until last month and now they made one, I have access to only 1 very me.
I have tried contacting Vodafone they are saying I can’t go back to 2 accounts.
And they are contracts with mobile.co.uk, they are unable to make any changes for cash back.
Thanks a lot
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If accounts have been merged it can't be undone.

VeryMe should be accessible via both accounts if the app is installed on two separate devices and you choose the correct number on your Vodafone app before launching VeryMe. The only time this won't be possible is if the two accounts are merged together for EVERYTHING including billing purposes, but this is only possible on business accounts. So unless mobiles.co.uk have sold you a business tariff that shouldn't be a thing.

If a merge had been made without your consent you could have complained and they would have had to start the very messy process of making things right for you. But since you agreed to it, you don't really have anything to complain about, and as far as most users are concerned breaking the link on merged accounts is pretty much impossible now.
    Author
    Thank you for your input
    Yes the both accounts merged on Vodafone including billing and all so I pay both together from this month.yesterday I only could claim 1 Costa code even though 2 different phones and numbers. So Vodafone treat as one account from last month after merge.

On the other note I have 2 different accounts with mobile.co.uk for these 2 different contracts.

So I guess I am going to miss out on very me for 6-8 months
    I've got 2 Vodafone SIM contracts.

I wouldn't merge them. Did you agree to it?
    You can transfer one of the contracts to another account in someone else's name and would require payment details to be different. There is an option on the there for something like "transfer owner of number or something"

vodafone.co.uk/vod…rm/ (edited)
    Author
    Thank you but mobile.co.uk needs my name and address on for cash back claim
    Author
    Yes that was the reason to access 2 different accounts
    My first thought if asked to merge, would've been 'will I be able to access both Veryme accounts separately'

Looks like you're stuck with long term contracts and no chance of cancelling early without penalty (edited)
    Please ask them to show you where you gave them the consent to do so. (edited)
    Author
    I did give the consent but they didn’t tell me if I will be able to access both very me separately..isn’t it there job to share pros and cons before merged the both accounts
    Why did they ask you to merge the 2 accounts ? What was the reason ?
    Author
    So I have 2 accounts with same emails and addresses and when I contacted them with some other query they got confused with my both accounts and suggested to merge and I took the offer
's avatar