Posted 1 day ago

What Air Purifer to take to the Middle East?

Hello all, good morning. I am looking for an air purifier to take back to the Middle East to help with dust and smells, but have no idea what to get - any recommendations pls?

Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'd be a little wary of bringing an air treatment device intended for one environment to another thats radically different. Different environments have different qualities, and making the air optimal can require all sorts of differences in tools and execution. I'd see what products are popular over there, and buy something from that catalogue.

We've had issues with this in the guitar world btw, where it became a thing a few years ago to add humidifiers to guitars while they were being kept in storage. Turned out, this solution, as well as all the (completely valid) evidence suggesting its usefulness and necessity, stemmed from guitarists and companies in the southern US, where relative humidity would be about 3%. Here in the UK, where a dry day clocks at about 90%, the products just encouraged mould. The big point is, a product can only ever offer a countermeasure, and it has to counter the correct thing if it's to give you the results you want.
    Author
    thank you!
    The Xiaomi ones are pretty good, or at least the one I’ve got anyway. 

You do have to watch out though as the lineup has gotten very confusing lately with loads of different models that take different filters

Another point I’d like to mention is that some air purifiers sold here will only work on 230v and/or 50Hz. So whilst my Xiaomi supports 110-250V 50/60Hz, my Russell Hobbs is 230V only and doesn’t have a swappable lead. Although without you clarifying which country you are referring to I don’t know if it is even relevant (edited)
    Middle East like Dubai etc use same 3 pin exact sockets as here. Not sure of the actual voltage.
    why bring over from uk?
    I think air purifier need filter. No point of bringing over if you can't get filter in middle east later.
    Author
    I think the UK has more choices... I am always travelling back and forward so I can buy filters if needed.
's avatar