Posted 5 May 2020

What day do Asda rollback offers change?

Does anyone know what day of the week the offers change? Their website is much worse than tesco and waitrose for advising what the price will actually be on the day of your collection slot...
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Yes its definitely Thursday in-store.

All promotional changes must be finished by Wednesday nightshift and any price changes done early Thursday morning.

Unsure as to how smart online shopping is but would like to think it would anticipate promotional price changes. (edited)
    gwapenut05/05/2020 08:41

Thanks, is that Thursdays in-store? Does the website update a day before …Thanks, is that Thursdays in-store? Does the website update a day before so you know when finalising the night before what the prices are (like Sainsburys) or is it not that clever?

Yes you are correct, the prices change on Thursdays instore. The prices online change in the early hours of Thursday morning (so on the same day as the offers go live instore unlike Tesco & Sainsbury's where the offers go live online the day before), so the answer is no to your second question. I hope that helps
    Thursdays typically
    Author
    Thanks, I'll save the offers page today and see if it changes tomorrow, Wednesday, as an experiment. I just don't like the idea of buying a few of something because it's on offer, only to find out that my Thursday collection is a lot more expensive. (edited)
    gwapenut05/05/2020 09:05

Very helpful,thank you. So ordering for a Thursday collection is a bit of …Very helpful,thank you. So ordering for a Thursday collection is a bit of a lottery!

If you order for a collection on Thursday and then some of the prices of items within your order change on Thursday you should not be charged a higher price (well in theory anyway). I know for Tesco the price you pay when you order is what you will be charged when you collect your order / have your order delivered. I'm sure someone will be able to clarify the situation for Asda for you soon
    gwapenut05/05/2020 09:05

Very helpful,thank you. So ordering for a Thursday collection is a bit of …Very helpful,thank you. So ordering for a Thursday collection is a bit of a lottery!

You get charged the amount you pay at checkout, regardless of the price changes at the time your order. The main thing to be aware of, is say you do your order 2 weeks in advance, and closer to the date choose to amend it (you can only do so 5 days prior to your collection/delivery date), the prices in your basket will update. So say an item at the time of your order was on rollback to £1, but increased to £1.50, you’ll only pay £1.50 if you amend your order (you can remove from your basket if you don’t want to pay that amount for it). On the other hand, if you amend your basket and any prices have decreased, you’ll pay the new lower price. If you don’t make any amendments, you’ll pay the price of your original checkout. (edited)
    reindeer33305/05/2020 09:08

If you order for a collection on Thursday and then some of the prices of …If you order for a collection on Thursday and then some of the prices of items within your order change on Thursday you should not be charged a higher price (well in theory anyway). I know for Tesco the price you pay when you order is what you will be charged when you collect your order / have your order delivered. I'm sure someone will be able to clarify the situation for Asda for you soon

You pay the prices when your order is picked on the day of delivery not the prices on the day you ordered with Tesco. It's the other way around with Asda, If prices change after you place Asda order, you will only be charged new prices if you amend your order.
    Author
    Thanks, is that Thursdays in-store? Does the website update a day before so you know when finalising the night before what the prices are (like Sainsburys) or is it not that clever?
    Author
    Very helpful,thank you. So ordering for a Thursday collection is a bit of a lottery!
    Milly5406/05/2020 04:56

You pay the prices when your order is picked on the day of delivery not …You pay the prices when your order is picked on the day of delivery not the prices on the day you ordered with Tesco. It's the other way around with Asda, If prices change after you place Asda order, you will only be charged new prices if you amend your order.

So if I placed an order with Asda containing say a pack of crisps on offer for £1, but the day before delivery, I decide to remove / add other items, will it affect the crisps I bought on offer?
's avatar