Posted 24 August 2017

Yankees VS Fake Yankees

Can anyone tell me how to tell the difference between fake and genuine yankees? Been looking online apparently yankees have all different jars / labels so surely this has to be hard to tell?

I've also read that when it says 'America's Best loved candle' it means it's a genuine US one and 'a passion for fragrance' means it's been made in the UK. I've also read that a passion for fragrance ones can be fake but why are Yankee candle online selling them if they're fake?:/

Please help
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Real ones will have poor spelling e.g. "Color", "Ax" etc.
    Fake ones will have the correct spelling e.g. "Colour", "Axe" etc.
    Dont ASDA sell yankee candles aswell ?
    I've got about 200+ of the big jars off QVC, damn menance
    Most places sell em nowadays card shops and B and Q to name a couple and you would think the big name shops wont sell fakes
    I'm not 100% clued up either and have asked the same question before. Someone told me the wax quality isn't as good (but who can tell if they don't have a genuine comparison) and that on the bottom label, the curtains are black rather than white?
    Author
    chuckiedoll12 m ago

I'm not 100% clued up either and have asked the same question before. …I'm not 100% clued up either and have asked the same question before. Someone told me the wax quality isn't as good (but who can tell if they don't have a genuine comparison) and that on the bottom label, the curtains are black rather than white?

lol. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between wax quality. I might be better off just sticking to buying from Yankee Candle website lol. I did question it as know someone local selling large Yankee jar candles for £12 and looking at the jars, you can't tell if they're real or fake. I've searched the web and cannot find them cheaper than this, so how she is making money on them, god knows. Personally, I think they're fake... But can't tell lol ... That's why I questioned how to tell they are fake or not
    Author
    Shatwell28 m ago

Real ones will have poor spelling e.g. "Color", "Ax" etc.Fake ones will …Real ones will have poor spelling e.g. "Color", "Ax" etc.Fake ones will have the correct spelling e.g. "Colour", "Axe" etc.

Is that because they're US?
    Author
    kester7615 m ago

Dont ASDA sell yankee candles aswell ?I've got about 200+ of the big jars …Dont ASDA sell yankee candles aswell ?I've got about 200+ of the big jars off QVC, damn menance

Yes ASDA do sell Yankees, but they sell the home inspiration ones. I've heard mixed reviews on them. Reasonably priced though tbh. Tesco do the home inspiration yankees as well and they're on offer in most stores at the moment
    Author
    ding3 m ago

Most places sell em nowadays card shops and B and Q to name a couple and …Most places sell em nowadays card shops and B and Q to name a couple and you would think the big name shops wont sell fakes

Yeah I don't think they would sell fakes. I just wanted to know how to tell the difference as a local lady to us is selling the large jars at £12 but they look genuine from photos. I cant find them that cheap anywhere. They're not home inspiration ones so couldn't understand how she's making anything on them lol
's avatar