Posted 9 January 2024

20litre microwave that doesn’t create lots of condensation

Hi
I am looking to buy a new 20 litre microwave. Can anyone recommend one which does not create lots of condensation inside when cooking? My last one has gone rusty inside because of so much condensation. Just looking for a simple microwave. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Aren't most of them like this, need to give it a quick wipe when you've finished using it and leave the door open
    Author
    Thanks for your reply. My previous microwave did not create lots of condensation so I thought it was particular models.
    Didn't you ever wipe it dry or just left it?
    Facebook marketplace for bargains. Now it's the fad to switch to air fryers (yes, I know), plenty of cheap mickeys there

Got a £250 Panasonic microwave barely used for £30 and didn't have the heart to point out the difference when the seller was boasting they had a new ninja air fryer so didn't need their new microwave
    We had that problem. Our last microwave went really rusty. Replaced with this a few weeks ago hotukdeals.com/dea…414

Don't know if it's because it has a ceramic interior but it is always dry after cooking .
    And so far so good a really good microwave.
    Author
    Thanks, will check this one out.
    Leave the door open for a while after cooking
    Just look for one with the most vent's on it.
    The instruction books for meekrowavees always used to say leave the door open after use for a while to allow the condensation to clear.
    Could look for one with a stainless steel interior, should be rust resistant if they've chosen a decent grade of stainless.
    I have a stainless steel interior microwave, and if I cook foods with no lid I get condensation too, but, I find I do not end up with a rusty interior - this is the 2nd one I have had over many years -. They are a little more expensive, It was £99 , De'Longhi but it was a combination oven type in 2019 , and there is still no indication of any rust.
    Author
    Thanks for all the advice. I am looking at one with a ceramic interior so hoping that will help. I did wipe it out after cooking but don’t think other family members did
's avatar