2.1 Speakers on a desk or 5.1?

Banned 10 replies
Found 1st Apr 2009
Hi, im thinking of getting speakers and just had a quick question, im connecting the speakers to my pc, so should i buy 2.1 or 5.1, as if i bought 5.1, 2 of the left speakers would have to be side by side on the left on the desk and the other 2 would have to be side by side on the right on the desk, and the subwoofer and other speaker would be under the desk. Is that better or having a 2.1 system with one speaker on the left and one on the right and the subwoofer under the desk? Im thinking of either the Logitech Z4 2.1 or if i was to go 5.1 i would get Logitech X 540.
Thanks.

10 Comments

I used to have 5.1 creative g500 gamer set but wasnt using it to its full extent so decided on these

creative speakers
I-Trigue L3800

I much prefer them due to them still doing the same job really but 2.1 !

if you get 5.1 speakers why cant you mount 2 on the wall??? Thats what i have done and they work fab

does your soundcard support 5.1

lil_tiger;4803661

if you get 5.1 speakers why cant you mount 2 on the wall??? Thats what i … if you get 5.1 speakers why cant you mount 2 on the wall??? Thats what i have done and they work fab

Some peoples setups dont really allow for this.

Original Poster Banned

i have the latest aluminum iMac, that should support 5.1. I can't really mount anything, look this is what it looks like now with 2.1 speakers

[IMG]i305.photobucket.com/alb…jpg?t=1238666225[/IMG]

Original Poster Banned

so if i cleaned up the table a bit, would 5.1 sound ok or is there no point cause there's no space.

Erm.....just a small point but 5.1 = surround sound and you wont get the benefit of that unless the satellites are positioned correctly. So 5.1 speakers would be completely pointless given your description.:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Thanks i was looking for that answer! Just someone who thinks he know everything told me i should go get 5.1 even if they're right next to each other.

askfareed;4807166

Thanks i was looking for that answer! Just someone who thinks he know … Thanks i was looking for that answer! Just someone who thinks he know everything told me i should go get 5.1 even if they're right next to each other.

Naw, you wouldn't get the benefit of the surround sound unless they are placed correctly. As 5.1's tend to be more expensive you'd be better off putting the extra £ towards some really good stereo speakers. :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

thanks i think im gonna go for LOGITECH Z 4
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland1947
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769322
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2552
    4. So Flubit is still terrible. What happened?!1112

See more discussions