Posted 8 hours ago

5 Smartphones for best connectivity

Where I struggle to get a decent internet connection with 02 and 3. Tried Vodafone as well,to no avail.

So I started to suspect my mobile phone.

What 3-5 mobile phones would you recommend that are decent with signal?
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You have tried all but EE - The UK’s best network for the past decade. Even the UK Emergency services now use them for their signal. Just make sure you either go with the EE main brand, or one of their partner brands. Not a cheap company that only piggybacks on them as they get restricted signal access.

As for devices, I know the brand has a love-hate thing for some people, but all recent iPhones are great at holding on to even a weak signal. In my own testing, put beside a Google Pixel, a Samsung Galaxy and a Motorola device, only the iPhone held on to a 4G signal in a notoriously bad area for signal. The Pixel and Galaxy dropped to 2G and the Moto went to no service whatsoever.

Unless you are somewhere like me where signal is so bad though, I honestly wouldn’t worry and just pick whatever phone you like the look and price of. Nowadays most are very similar.
    Author
    The police doesn't use EE but Vodafone/O2.
    Also EE wants to charge me twice/thrice for what I am paying normally.

And iPhones are overpriced and underdeveloped.

But I thank you and appreciate the time you took to give me your input, genuinely 🍻
    Best mobile phones I've had with perfect interent connection/speed/signal were the Huawei Mate 20 series and P30 series. I've tried them side by side with Samsungs and it blows them out of the water. This was on Vodafone and EE.
    Huawei had a lot of problems in terms of being accused if IP theft, and so on, but they also do a huge amount of research, which is why they own so many network level patents. So it's no surprise the handsets are so good...
    I'm currently having this issue. So I recently bought a 1 Month deal with LycaMobile (£3.45) and added it to my phone as a second SIM to test what the EE network would be like in all of the areas that O2 is useless in and hey presto, it's faultless.

So I guess EE is the network to go for (but not directly). Long term 1p mobile have the cheapest deals for a decent amount of data (go through a comparison site for the cheapest deal).

I seriously doubt it's your phone. All networks except EE are pretty dire where I live (West Mids)

In order of best to worst: EE, Three, Vodafone, O2 (edited)
    Author
    I am sort of tied up to 02; I have unlimited data for £12 (wife too so 10% off) and Volt with Virgin (higher speed for the internet). On top of that, a really good roaming deal :/ (edited)
's avatar