Posted 27 February 2024

Adverts coming to NVidia GeForce Now (Free service) - 5th March 2024 onwards

Just got this hit my inbox...

So first off, paying subscribers won't get adverts at all. If you're using the free service though, you're going to get served adverts of up to two minutes. I guess it was a matter of time, really.

"We anticipate that this change will reduce average wait times for free users over time."

Nvidia didn't go in to detail on exactly why or how it will reduce wait times, but hey... I figured that I'd share information in case you logged in and thought "Hang on a min, what is this?"

4303892_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Perhaps a controversial opinion, but I think this was something that was very needed for Geforce now.

From what I've seen, one of the most negative things with the service is the waiting times which this should help quite a bit.
    If it reduces waiting times then sure. However it could be argued that anybody wanting to game for an hour will probably wait if its just an advert or two.
    Seems like they are doing an Amazon
    The difference though is that they're doing this for free members, not for people who pay for the service.
    Those amazon adverts are getting longer and longer 1min+ and there's 2 ads, second one is shorter but give it time and it will be the same and we pay.
    Pay the sub, but get the program elsewhere without the ads. You could do it for free, but at least you are paying your way.
    Who buys products based on served adverts anyway?
    ive tried this but the wait times on the free tier are insanely bad. i might sub to it but i need to see how good it runs but everytime ive tried, at various times and days, wait times are just crazy bad. like 200 before you....so thats like over an hour i got to wait.
    Used to be free for ages in beta, talking years.
's avatar