Posted 1 day ago

Advice on buying a keyboard please!

Hi, would like a little advice on buying an electronic keyboard. I know NOTHING about keyboards. I have played guitar for a few years but have always fancied a go at learning piano. I have upto £200 to spend and obviously looking at second hand ones. I’ve been look at the Yamaha PSR range. Can someone please give me a little advice on what is good or what I should look for please. Thanks you.😃
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I can't help with the keyboard but I can help with an app. Simply Piano - it is £105 so not cheap but it has taken my son from 0 knowledge to being very competent in about a year.
    Author
    Wow! That sounds great! Thank you very much. It’s not really a lot of money if it does a good job. Will look at that shortly. So helpful thank you. I wouldn’t have had a clue about what app to look at! 😄
    I'd definitely recommend looking for one with weighted keys, both my kids digital pianos have them and they make a huge difference. I would also suggest getting as close to 88 keys as possible, but that's more about budget and space available. I can see some of the PSR range have weighted keys.
    Author
    Thank you so much for your reply! 👋😃
    Thats so helpful.