Posted 22 hours ago

Amazon Prime deals/ discounts?

We're up for renewal in the next few days, so we went down the " cancel, then see what enticements they message/ email you to stay " route. Especially as it's now about £95 a year. Didn't realise it had gone up that much.

But, unexpectedly we got a " Sorry to see to go - off you pop " response. Any suggestions/ tips to get any discount at all?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Try applying for student prime, and get as far as you can, which is to the point of supplying an ac.uk email address.
    Then leave it. Stay on the free Amazon, and restrict your spending.
    It will be a while, about 6 months for me, but they seem to come back to you with an option to join as a student for 6 months free, with student rate thereafter, without having to prove yourself. I am now in my 2nd year.
    It is better for them to have guaranteed income, with potential extras, than nothing.
    I cancelled 2 months ago,
    The ads i get to sign back up are insufferable.
    No discounts offered though.
    New email = 1 month free trial.
    Author
    How long after " cancelling " did you receive this? It does sound like crumbs though.
    You’ll get the occasional “have a free week on us” or “have another month for £1” but that’s it. Amazon Prime costs £95. That’s the price of it and there’s no negotiation.

Occasionally, on or just before Prime Day they do some kind of membership offer but don’t expect anything impressive.
    I use the pickup option a lot thanks to a location available just across the road. That eliminates the £25 threshold for free delivery for those without Prime and in almost all cases, the order has been delivered quickly.
    yeah, i do this, but not all items are eligible. some people don't get this option at all for any items.
    I've got 4 Amazon accounts. Usually, I always get a month free that I use around November time. When I went to cancel this year, they offered me 3 more months at £4.99 so I used that. It ran out last week, so we logged in on another Amazon account, and we had a free 1 month on that. After this expires, we probably won't be using it much until the autumn, and hopefully, by then, they will be offering free months again to come back and use them! Like many others have said, just use another email and sign up.
    Author
    Thanks for all your replies. Looks like it's take it or leave it then.
's avatar