Posted 12 hours ago

Android passcode

My sister passed away on Friday night and her partner doesn`t know the passcode to unlock her phone. Is there a way to unlock the phone without the passcode? The phone is the android Moto G13 and is only a few months old. Any help would be very much appreciated because we are currently trying to contact everyone she knew
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Sorry for your loss, but this sounds a little sus to me. It's only been 2 days since her passing and he already wants to get in her phone? The people who knew her will easily find out of her passing without her bf letting them know, especially those close to her. I'm sorry if you find this insensitive but it is made with good intentions as I don't think this is normal behaviour
    Author
    I knew someone would say this but I can promise you it is genuine
    my condolences to you and your family ..

if your sister had a Facebook, this would be a good way to reach out, and find her best friend, who will then tell you other close friends ..

this is what we did, albeit for a surprise birthday party
    The real key is being able to access your late sisters google account as without this simply changing the passcode/pin will not help.
    take a look at this
    en-gb.support.motorola.com/app…ock
    everyone is different, some are more private than others. perhaps respecting a person's privacy after they have gone is the way to go ? our phones can after all be a very private thing, and may contain things we wouldn't want others to know. just one opinion. sorry for your loss of course
    Firstly, sorry for your loss. Secondly, might be worth seeing if there is some sort of recovery you can do via her email that she used for the account if they shared anything like that? Samsung devices allow you to reset passcodes remotely if you forget so something similar may exist for Motorola.
    Dates of birth, pin numbers for bank cards are probably favourites.
    Sorry for your loss.

This suggestion may be stupid but here goes. Could you take the SIM card out and put in another phone to access the contacts?
    Phones haven't stored contacts on sim cards for at least 10 years unless you specifically did it (and I'm not sure most smartphones even have the ability).
's avatar