Posted 2 days ago

Any good modem router recommendation?

The ISP router is not good and I don't want to use mesh. Anything less than £100?
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Be careful with Sky they use a different connection to other ISPs (as I found when I moved to Now who are also Sky). D-Link appears to have good support for them. I went the OpenWrt route. (edited)
    Author
    I have not much knowledge in these, what is OpenWrt? Could you explain?
    What broadband connection are you using? We need to know this to make sure we are recommending something compatible with the type of line and speed you have
    Author
    Sky at 500Mbps, with the openreach network.
    Just out of curiosity, line speed is important, but Joe dues the type affect it ? So when I change ISP, possible need change the modem router to something else?
    Used Asus from CEX?

BTW, what's wrong with your existing router?

Anyway, I think it is best for to ask the question at sky community forum. (edited)
    Author
    Router itself is fine. Only that I have a couple of outdoor IP cameras and often they get weak signals (few occasions got disconnected). Currently using a mesh to keep them connected but I don't like having so many items in the house, so hoping to change into something with stronger signal strength.
    Mesh likely to be best option as you won't know how strong is the signal from another router...
    Its an open source firmware for routers but will only work on supported devices. Bottom line, if you are not into computers you probably do not want to go there.
    Try searching for Sky compatible routers to see what others recommend.
's avatar