Posted 1 day ago

Are free eye tests a thing of the past?

Previously I got free eye tests via vouchers at Tesco or Specsavers, I haven't been offered these in what seems like a long time now?

Is there a way to 'trigger' a free eye test onslaught?

I'm based in Northern Ireland.
Community Updates
New Comment

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    No more free tests these days. I did see an offer for £10 test at Specsavers recently so maybe check their website.

If you happen to work with computer screens for your job then your company have to pay for a test every 2 years
    Become a certain age or get diabetes.
    i think i would rather pay for the eye test!
    If you are over 40 years of age and there is a history of glaucoma in your family.
    Yes, free eye tests across the board. At least for those living in Scotland.
    "Free"
    Part of the great customer experience enrubbishening that companies could get away with during Covid. No big company needs to be the first to offer free tests again so no company will.

If you're lucky, you may find a local optician that wants to increase its customer base and offer them like i did a couple of years ago.
    Do you use a PC at work? If so you should be able to get a free eye test through your employer
    Looks like Specsavers still offer discounted eye tests for £10 at some locations.
    Search here specsavers.co.uk/sto….ds
    Then tap on store details and you can see if any offers are available.
    Author
    What does it look like when there's an offer? Checked a bunch of NI stores and didn't see anything
    Just had a free eye test at M&S opticians.
    Got letter with free test offer after last eye test 2years back.
    In in London and local opticians offer free eye test promotions from time to time.
    If you use a computer for work you're entitled to them. Speak with your HR
    It will come back eventually it's just because nobody went over COVID so now there is influx but it will go quiet again and they will
's avatar