Posted 15 hours ago

Bean Bag Loungers Instead of Sofas

Has anyone successfully used these type of sitting arrangements instead of big unmovable sofas?

I'm trying to do away with sofas due to overpowering limited space.

Would love some inspiration, thank you very much.
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Vast majority of bean bag type things I have seen, end up looking like a saggy flat mess pretty quickly. And become very uncomfortable to use. You may be able to find decent ones, but I haven't seen any
    way too uncomfortable, unless you only watch an hour of tv, then go for a an hour walk, then an hour tv, and so on and so forth
    As deedie said above they lose their shape, bought my daughter a bean bag chair and foot stool, it was great to begin with but for some reason they just start going floppy and flat (edited)
    Author
    Thanks everyone, is a sofa the only viable sitting option then (edited)
    It's the only one I would consider.
    You could be setting yourself up for bad posture, physical pain not sitting on a half-decent chair or sofa.
    I suppose reading your comment makes me wonder why space is so constrained and could you tackle that aspect?

(Occasional use of a beanbag chair should be fine for most people, but I wouldn't use it as a permanent everyday seat).

I found ClearCycle ebay has some decent offers at times (I think they've changed their delivery provider, going by recent-ish feedback, my first delivery from them was a disaster...but that's another story!). (edited)
    We had a bean bag chair for my son, but they usually arrive with barely anything in them. We just ordered a load more beans and it is so much better. I imagine you will need to keep topping them up if you go the bean bag route.
    Reclining armchair I use to read and sometimes a giant beanbag for a change if I want to lounge watching a film. I also sit on the floor quite often, have since I was a kid. I'm an Aspie though.
's avatar