Posted 28 November 2023

Best car seat for one year old baby

Hi all, what are the best baby car seats that are on the market?
Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    We have 1 in each car. Got my wife the one that spins round to face the door and we cheaped out in my car with the normal one.

Really wish we got 2 spinning ones. He is 2 now, and very heavy, and the spinning one is so much easier!

We have the Joie 360. Been happy with it.
    We also did that, as he's in my car most. Agree the spin is much better, mine is also damn heavy (16kg on his 2nd birthday)
    When my youngest needed one we had the Joie 360 and it was a lifesaver the fact that it span round. I would highly recommend it (edited)
    Definitely a spin one! Have had a 360 now for two children, easy to strip down and chuck the covers in the wash too!
    Get the spin, your back will thank you
    Hilarious
    Too difficult for you?

Best baby car seats at a glance:

Best baby car seat for detachable carrier: Maxi-Cosi Coral, £239
    Best baby car seat for using with a travel system: Cybex Cloud Z i-Size, from £239.95
    Best baby car seat for a lie-flat car cot: Maxi-Cosi Jade, from £229
    Best baby car seat for breathable bamboo fabrics: Silver Cross Dream i-Size, £380
    Best rotating baby car seat: Joie i-Spin 360, £280
    Best lightweight baby car seat: Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix, £139
    Best baby car seat for flexible installation: Britax Römer Baby-Safe 2 i-Size, £200
    Best baby car seat for growing with your baby: BeSafe iZi Go Modular X1 i-Size, £179
    Best value baby car seat: Joie i-Gemm 2, £130
    Best near lie-flat baby car seat: Nuna Arra, £350

The best car seats for 2023 are:

Best car seat 2023 overall – Silver Cross motion all size 360 car seat: £395, Silvercrossbaby.com
    Best 360 car seat – Joie i-harbour car seat: £250, Johnlewis.com
    Best carrycot car seat – Nuna Cari next lie-flat carrycot seat: £250, Johnlewis.com
    Best car seat for newborns – Cybex cloud Z2: £229.95, Cybex-online.com
    Best for travelling – Chicco fold & go i-Size air: £169, Amazon.co.uk
    I got the Babyauto which has the spin and to be frank we haven't found the need to use it.
    We would carry our baby in through the back passenger door and exit via door closest to the car seat. And as she got older, she likes going into the car with a little help and then jump into her seat.
's avatar