Posted 6 days ago

Best instant coffee compared to kenco smooth

Hi

Coffee prices have really shot up

Mrs normally drinks kenco smooth just wondering if anyone has found another coffee which tastes better or just as good but better value?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

25 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you have Costco membership then try Rappor Instant Coffee. I think it’s cheaper in-store.

costco.co.uk/Gro…768
    Author
    How did you find that compared to kenco smooth?
    52695103-UfuvB.jpgHave you tried Clipper Coffee (various strains). It is about £4 in Sainsbury's for the Clipper Latin American version. Often comes on sale or appears on Amazon. I don't drink Kenco / Nescafe so couldn't tell you how it compares, sorry. (edited)
    I think half the purpose of the thread was to save money

Saying that though. Now I have to try your suggestion
    Thanks when I get round to it, I will be trying asda and aldi brand. Thank you (edited)
    Nescafé gold blend is a nice instant coffee IMO.
    Been buying Sainsbury's 'taste the difference' Colombian or Costa Rican instant for a while now but I'm no coffee expert and there's so much choice out there
    Link
    I will second this. Sainsbury's is the best for own brand coffee.
    I've just grabbed a discounted refill bag from Sainsbury's, that's as cheap as I've seen it recently. I do buy Rich instead of Smooth, but the offers usually cover both.

Unfortunately I've not found anything comparable apart from McDonalds coffee (yes I know there are haters out there but I prefer McDonalds over most other takeout coffees).
    I prefer real beans, but I do have 1 mug of instant every day - Tesco Gold.
    Author
    Can you compare this to kenco or nescafe?
    Let me know when you find out an alternative. We are in the same position.
    I am in same boat as was drinking Nescafe(No Thanks) so looking out for an alternative
    Have you considered bean to cup? I wouldn't go back to instant as none taste anywhere as nice etc.
    Author
    Not done that before any tips on what you got to get going
    What do you pay for it ?
    Aldi makes very decent Colombian instant. Thing is the price isn't as cheap as it should be 👎🏻
's avatar