Posted 1 day ago

Best phones

Hey everyone! I'm looking for recommendations on the best phone under £500 or £600 to buy outright, as I'm content with my SIM-only deal and don't want a contract.

Currently, I'm using a OnePlus 8, which I've enjoyed, but its battery life is dwindling, and it's starting to lag. Although I've liked the 12GB of RAM, having a decent camera would be a nice bonus.

I've considered the Google 8 Pro, but it's not budging in price , and I'm hesitant after reading mixed reviews. While I'm partial to OnePlus, I've heard conflicting opinions about their latest releases.

Ideally, I'd like to stick with Android. Any suggestions for a great phone within this price range would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Get a OnePlus 12 from China (flashed with a global ROM). At that price, it's nearly impossible to beat. I have been using it for the past month and been very happy with it. Camera has been vastly improved. Battery life is excellent thanks to Snapdragon 8G3 and charging etc is snappy as always.
    Author
    Do they still update
    Multiple deals posted in the last few days around that price range. What's on your shortlist from those?
    Author
    Just thinking which is a good phone.
    Personally I'd consider a contract as many offers on here you can get a phone + calls and Data for 2 years for less than the cost of buying the phone outright. Loads of Pixel 8 deals if they are on your list.
    Author
    I don't like the commitment. Is the 8 v 8 pro really not much difference?
's avatar