Posted 2 days ago

Best value laptop within the £600-£700 mark

I know there are some laptops out there with a metal body, OLED screen, decent RAM….

What options are there that offer the best within the 600-700 price range?

Doesn’t need to be a full on gaming laptop btw

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Greatly depends on your needs but I’d throw an M1/M2 MacBook Air into the ring. Recommending an Apple product when someone is asking for value is probably going to be unpopular just on principle but it’ll fly through most things you can throw at it outside of video editing/gaming and will absolutely destroy any windows machine when it comes to battery life with a similar price/form factor
    I generally go for build quality over raw specification because I keep mine for a while. I've currently got a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 (Ryzen 7, 16GB and OLED) which I rate and it looks like they sometimes have options in your price range. We've also got Asus ZenBooks which I think are really well built as well.

One thing that I'd definitely look out for (if you're going Windows) is a Windows Hello capable camera. I find it so much more convenient than a fingerprint scanner, although it depends on how you're using your laptop.
    Are you not worried about the OLED screen? It's my only hesitation when buying laptops. I read a lot of horror stories, but then again see people buying them?