Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 11 November 2012

Black Ops 2 For £32.99 With a £30 Spend At Sainsburys.

Hello everyone, saw the tesco deal earlier and phoned up my mate who works in Sainsburys. He told me they had recieved half there stock of black ops 2. He also told me that they are offering the game for 25 quid for anyone who spends £30 quid in store. This can be done at release nigh too.

I then phoned up Sainsburys head office and they too confirmed the deal for me and said they would start having posters and stuff from tomorrow.

Great deal for anyone who wants to still do there weekly shop or do it in advance a few days.

P.S If your getting your copy from tesco if its a small one they have limited copies my one is a mega store and they only have 1 box of ps3 copies and 3 box's of xbox.

Also If you have done your sainsburys shop earlier there's no harm in taking your receipt in and trying. Or if you have a little baby or kid stack up on nappies or drinks or choclate etc etc.

And oh yeah everyone who buys the game regardless of pre-order will get the nuketown and double xp, but you have to be quick its only the first batch of games that have been shipped out
Community Updates
New Comment

127 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    shvrh

Heat but the deals are getting worse every year...I remember when you … Heat but the deals are getting worse every year...I remember when you could buy COD for £22 to £25 without buying a PSN card or having to spend £30 on food. Glad i stuck to my pre-order copy.

I agree 100%
    NFS

Wonder if the deal includes petrol as my car could do with a top up and … Wonder if the deal includes petrol as my car could do with a top up and then nip in and get the game at the reduced price

Should work fine keep the receipt and make sure its after midnight monday or tuesday.
    joshtbh

do you reckon you'll get the Nuketown 2025 map? Great deal thanks OP

yes you will get the nuketown map and double xp researched it couple hours and found out from call of dutys own website that the first batches of the game all come with it the pre-order rubbish was all a scam to get in more preorders.
    It would appear that it is £32.99 rather than £25 based on a £30+ spend
    15994306-cTJUu
    u seem like a hardcore gamer man;)
    Seems like a good deal. Pretty easy to do a shop in Sainsburys that's £30.
    J4GG4

How do you go about doing this? Do you weekly shop and take the food to … How do you go about doing this? Do you weekly shop and take the food to the entertainment till??

I also work in the GM of sainsbury's

Black Ops 2 is already in our stores warehouse and will be released for sale on morning of 13th. All you need to do is keep receipt to prove spend value and discount will be applied from £39.99.

(edited)

inflation

shvrh

Heat but the deals are getting worse every year...I remember when you … Heat but the deals are getting worse every year...I remember when you could buy COD for £22 to £25 without buying a PSN card or having to spend £30 on food. Glad i stuck to my pre-order copy.

Author
    Jhey

Could I possibly buy Halo 4 and then get this for £25? Or is it food only … Could I possibly buy Halo 4 and then get this for £25? Or is it food only etc?

Ye you could do that but it won't work with buying 2 copies of black ops its 30 pound on anything in store
    Brodie4ever

Could the OP please provide some evidence of the existence of this deal? … Could the OP please provide some evidence of the existence of this deal? I'm getting some pretty contradictory responses to this deal from the people 'in the know' who dispute the price but agree with the spend.

This is a deal for a game in a supermarket...........not news of a swap of cold war spies at the Brandenburg Gate.
    Wonder if its 32.99 or 25 hmm?
    andywedge

It would appear that it is £32.99 rather than £25 based on a £30+ spend

32.99 sux wen i have already got all excited about paying 25.00!!
    miikeyblue

Again, I can't take credit for this. Can't remember who suggested this, … Again, I can't take credit for this. Can't remember who suggested this, but I'm picking my points up when they open today.

u can ask the mrs.i dont giv out credit that often. can u jus take some of the credit please. no way i was gonna go searching through all the old posts on the older threads looking for this information.
    miikeyblue

It's fine, I checked this morning.

u again!!! starting to feel ur stalking me!!:p

much appreciated AGAIN though. am about to send the mrs to get me some points
    vodkamanmk

It's £3299 when depend of £30 or more the game costs 4299 u save £10 I kn … It's £3299 when depend of £30 or more the game costs 4299 u save £10 I know cos I work there

i would never spend more than £3000 on a game. anything above that is just daylight robbery!!!!!!
    Hey I saw this poster up on my local Sainsburys that says if you spend £30 or more in store you get the game for £32! not £25. Just though I'd let you know.
    How do you go about doing this? Do you weekly shop and take the food to the entertainment till??
    Heat but the deals are getting worse every year...

I remember when you could buy COD for £22 to £25 without buying a PSN card or having to spend £30 on food. Glad i stuck to my pre-order copy.
    awesome - I work there!!!
    Just buy 2 and split the cost with someone else who wants one!
    Would it be best to just hold off doing my shop until Tuesday?
    Damn, did my shop today, doubt I'll be able to carry over that receipt
    Got this game on Friday from my local game shop way better than that MW3 garbage
    so the shopping has to be bought from tuesday onwards?
    I forgot about this - I used this same deal for COD last November and stupid me spent £75 in Sainsbury's today "/
    Wonder if the deal includes petrol as my car could do with a top up and then nip in and get the game at the reduced price
    Combine the game with getting 2-3 bottles of Christmas spirits in early and it's a hot deal.
    Stupid question but would this be limited to 1 per customer or can I be cheeky and ask for 2?
    Good, just what I was waiting for.
    OBVIOUSLY we will get the map and xp... pre order - why again?
    Just don't understand why so many want to help supermarkets.
    Last Sainsburys shop was a staggering £200+! Fridge empty so thirty spend far too easy.
    Author
    Lol well am a student so I have to search for bargains. Anyway I went to tesco today did the shopping for my mum and got a 5 pound voucher of the next 40 quid spend which is great and also have 3 pound in club card so games costing me effectively 17 quid going to keep the psn points.

Also with regards to sainsburys am afraid so either on the release night or after you have to do the £30 spend. But there's no harm in taking your receipt on tuesday and trying to see if they would allow it.

do you reckon you'll get the Nuketown 2025 map? Great deal thanks OP
    Author
    skhima

Just buy 2 and split the cost with someone else who wants one!

I don't think that would work because it would have to be call of duty and a 30 pound spend another black ops 2 wouldn't count
    Could I possibly buy Halo 4 and then get this for £25? Or is it food only etc?
    (edited)
    KILLZONE32011

yes you will get the nuketown map and double xp researched it couple … yes you will get the nuketown map and double xp researched it couple hours and found out from call of dutys own website that the first batches of the game all come with it the pre-order rubbish was all a scam to get in more preorders.

cheers mate, wow that is cynical!!! Nuketown is an awesome map! Gotta have that

Just thought - I may go in tomorrow and pre-order so I get the bonus nectar points too
    (edited)
    Change_Me

Got this game on Friday from my local game shop way better than that MW3 … Got this game on Friday from my local game shop way better than that MW3 garbage

How did you get it early?
    Author
    Charlie3487

Stupid question but would this be limited to 1 per customer or can I be … Stupid question but would this be limited to 1 per customer or can I be cheeky and ask for 2?

According to my mate who works there no only 1 per customer
    Author
    bargainhunter666

Good, just what I was waiting for.OBVIOUSLY we will get the map and xp... … Good, just what I was waiting for.OBVIOUSLY we will get the map and xp... pre order - why again?Just don't understand why so many want to help supermarkets.Last Sainsburys shop was a staggering £200+! Fridge empty so thirty spend far too easy.

WTF 200 spend
    Author
    joshtbh

cheers mate, wow that is cynical!!! Nuketown is an awesome map! Gotta … cheers mate, wow that is cynical!!! Nuketown is an awesome map! Gotta have thatJust thought - I may go in tomorrow and pre-order so I get the bonus nectar points too

Ye awesome map happy i didn't pre-order know.
    (edited)
    KILLZONE32011

Could do i've personally gone for tesco works out at 17 quid for me

how did you manage that? Sell the PSN/XBL credit?
    Author
    joshtbh

how did you manage that? Sell the PSN/XBL credit?

Sell psn card. And then did a 40 pound spend today at tesco got a 5 pound off next 40 spend and 3 quid in club card vouchers
    I'm going to get my other half to buy £30 or our weekly shopping and get a copy and I'll do the same

Two CODS for £50! BOOM
    shvrh

I remember buying all the top Xbox 360 releases before Christmas ie. Fifa etc. when Play.com used to do there mega mondays, they were only £17.99 Ah the good old days, too much effort and leg work to get bargains these days
's avatar