Posted 12 hours ago

Blood Sugar Monitor

Can anyone, [who actually uses one], please recommend a Blood Sugar Monitor device. There's so many on Amazon and so many mixed reviews.

Obviously, it needs to be genuinely accurate.

Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I was type 2 for 13 years.
    I had the monitors, they were a waste of time.
    Why do you want one.
    Wake up and test, reading of say 7.
    Eat breakfast and one hour later it 20. Agh too high.
    What a joke.
    The only blood reading that matters is HB1AC Test, long term sugar reading.
    Save your money and the feeling in the tips of your fingers.
    My dad was type 1 and started on a new device, once a week a new disc was attached to his left arm.
    A needle and sticky disc.
    On his right a device that injected insulin.
    Worked very well and kept his readings steady.
    Ask your diabetic nurse . New ones are being sent out now because of the new strips they use .
    I was using the 4sure smart duo which is what my nurse recommended. That was before I got the libre 2 sensors about 2 years ago. Ignore the above, it does matter what your readings are not just the Hb1ac. You don't want to be high and low, ideally a steady average. The Hb1ac is an average reading and would not take into account if you were yo yo ing. I don't use my monitor often now due to the sensor but when I have it had been accurate in comparison. The monitor is relatively cheap it will be the strips which cost the money.
    I have been type 1 for many years and happy to answer any questions you may have, the newer sensors for me are amazing as they also have high/low alarms.
    Author
    Thanks for the replies. I'll ask the nurse next time I see her.
    Ask Ur nurse nicely and they will give one but be careful how and when u monitor it will have inbuilt hba1c monitor too
's avatar