Posted 2 January 2024

Buying a tablet but who is best for customer service

My friend is looking to buy a tablet from either Argos or Amazon as they both have the Honor x9 at the same price.Could anyone tell me which seller would be the best to deal with problems during the warranty?Argos having physical stores sounds good,what are your thoughts on where he should make his purchase please?
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    What really is the customer service required for a tablet or phone these days? I prefer to choose the best device and compromise on the service. (edited)
    A user who requires HUKD assistance with such a question is 1000% more likely to also require assistance from the retailer CS
    Argos 100% said I'd never buy from Currys again the past few experience I've had with them and heard plenty other people say the same. Once upon a time they were the go to, now they're shocking in my opinion.
    Argos I've never had a single issue, always a 10/10
    Easily Argos. The other lot are becoming increasingly user-hostile.
    Short answer: probably Argos due to high street presence.
    And best to purchase online & pay directly via UK-regulated credit without involving any intermediary.

Longer dull answer:
    Manufacturer warranty is voluntary and unrelated to the trader.
    Statutory legal "warranty" (formally enforceable via Consumer Rights Act) is with the trader.

I would guess Argos may show greater flexibility during first 6 months of ownership and is certainly the most accessible due to the number of high street locations where you can "discuss" an issue with a human.
    Experience indicates Argos is easier to obtain CRA result at any time within 6 years of purchase or the reasonable lifetime of the product - whichever expires first.

Amazon can become easily confused if after 30days an owner accidentally uses the term "return" rather than "issue needs sorting" but has credible pre-greased shoulders to genuinely assist customers directly contact manufacturers during the warranty period.
    Amazon CRA claims can be more difficult to initiate as experience indicates most Amazon chat jockies and some senior staff haven't had adequate training in UK consumer legislation.
's avatar