Posted 3 November 2021

Can I bring more than one laptop on a flight from the UK to Germany?

Hi,

I've got a flight to Germany via KLM from the UK soon and I'm wondering if it would be possible to bring 2 laptops on the plane (Hand Luggage) and a Raspberry Pi 4?

I'm mostly concerned as my Lenovo Legion 5 pro has an 80WHr Batery and My Dell Latitude 5490 with a 68WHr along with my mobile phone (Samsung S10+).

Would this exceed the regulations as the batterys accumulate to over 100Whr?

On the website it says the following:

"Devices equipped with a lithium battery up to 100 Wh may be kept in either your hand baggage or check-in baggage. When carrying them in your check-in baggage, these devices must be completely switched off and must be protected from damage. You may bring a maximum of 15 electronic devices up to 100 Wh per passenger without requesting permission. For devices equipped with a lithium battery up to 160 Wh, permission needs to be requested via the KLM Customer Contact Centre. Devices equipped with a lithium battery larger than 160 Wh are not allowed in either your hand baggage or your check-in baggage."

*Source

Thankyou!
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I think you'll be fine. I have to take 2 laptops whenever I travel, one for work and one personal as well as mobile phones and tablets and no one will care at all.
    deleted240282403/11/2021 08:28

Schipol is a large airport so it can take some time to get between gates …Schipol is a large airport so it can take some time to get between gates so don’t mess around too much! My work colleagues nearly missed the flight as they went around the shops whereas I and a few others went straight to the gate!

This. Check out where you are and where your gate is. If you want/need to look around then - get close to your gate before you do. Nothing like hearing your name on the tannoy to add a bit of spice to your journey.
    Kenji03/11/2021 02:02

Thankyou! I'm just really worried because I'm flying for the first time …Thankyou! I'm just really worried because I'm flying for the first time and alone

You'll be totally fine. It's quite common for people to have multiple electronic devices when flying. I once knew a woman at work who carried two laptops and a full sized monitor with her in her hand luggage and she thought that was normal lmao.

Oh and enjoy your first flight, it'll be fine. I love flying, especially alone and remember turbulence is nothing to worry about!
    Author
    Prosamuraiman03/11/2021 02:20

You'll be totally fine. It's quite common for people to have multiple …You'll be totally fine. It's quite common for people to have multiple electronic devices when flying. I once knew a woman at work who carried two laptops and a full sized monitor with her in her hand luggage and she thought that was normal lmao. Oh and enjoy your first flight, it'll be fine. I love flying, especially alone and remember turbulence is nothing to worry about!

That's eased my nerves a bit! It makes sense I suppose these days

Now my next worry is 55mins transfer time in Amsterdam lol
    Although I've heard it's a very nice airport, hopefully an enjoyable experience haha
    paul_merton03/11/2021 09:50

I flew with two laptops in my backpack once and when they noticed the …I flew with two laptops in my backpack once and when they noticed the presence of a laptop on their scanner, they asked me to take it out and put it back through the scanner separately.As they asked me to take "it" out, I only took one of the laptops out to be scanned and they didn't look at the other one. Gives you faith in security doesn't it

Schiphol doesn't require anything to be taken out for the last couple of years after they upgraded their machines, unless a security official asks you to do so.
    Author
    Prosamuraiman03/11/2021 01:58

I think you'll be fine. I have to take 2 laptops whenever I travel, one …I think you'll be fine. I have to take 2 laptops whenever I travel, one for work and one personal as well as mobile phones and tablets and no one will care at all.

Thankyou! I'm just really worried because I'm flying for the first time and alone
    Kenji03/11/2021 02:33

That's eased my nerves a bit! It makes sense I suppose these days Now …That's eased my nerves a bit! It makes sense I suppose these days Now my next worry is 55mins transfer time in Amsterdam lolAlthough I've heard it's a very nice airport, hopefully an enjoyable experience haha

Schipol is a large airport so it can take some time to get between gates so don’t mess around too much! My work colleagues nearly missed the flight as they went around the shops whereas I and a few others went straight to the gate! (edited)
    Xippi03/11/2021 09:31

This. Check out where you are and where your gate is. If you want/need to …This. Check out where you are and where your gate is. If you want/need to look around then - get close to your gate before you do. Nothing like hearing your name on the tannoy to add a bit of spice to your journey.

It’s worse if your the other end of the airport and they call it lol. To be fair one of my work colleagues lost his car in Bristol airport car park (it was dark though), it was a hilarious trip as was the 10 top travel tips I sent round work afterwards!
    I flew with two laptops in my backpack once and when they noticed the presence of a laptop on their scanner, they asked me to take it out and put it back through the scanner separately.

As they asked me to take "it" out, I only took one of the laptops out to be scanned and they didn't look at the other one. Gives you faith in security doesn't it
    Author
    bozo00703/11/2021 10:04

Schiphol doesn't require anything to be taken out for the last couple of …Schiphol doesn't require anything to be taken out for the last couple of years after they upgraded their machines, unless a security official asks you to do so.

Thankyou, this is something I was wondering
's avatar