Posted 2 days ago

Can someone recommend a good dashcam?

I have a Nextbase 522GW that I got refurbished on an eBay deal from this site. It's always been utter tripe and I did nothing to send it back. Now it's past it's 12 months, I'm looking for a better one that won't freeze on me and let me down when I need it most. I do have a Nextbase hardwire kit in my car, so one that would be compatible with that would be ideal. Cheers everyone
Community Updates
New Comment

26 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Have you updated the firmware?

I'm not a big Nextbase fan, but they're generally pretty reliable.
    I’m also a Nextbase fan and have 2 522gw never had an issue
    Avoid anything battery based like Nextbase et al.

Fit something capacitor based for longevity and reliability. BlackVue or ThinkWare are the leaders in this space.
    As a couple of people have asked , have you formatted your memory card? 9 times it of 10 when people come in to us with problems it is the memory card causing them , also is it a u3 class card?
    Author
    Hi yeah it is a U3 SanDisk card. I formatted the card yesterday afternoon and updated the dash cam to the latest firmware. Fingers crossed this solves my problem. I'll just have to keep forgetting the card but I don't know how often?
    I have nextbase 422gw and worked flawlessly for 4 years now, guess you should have bought new not a refurb that was probably just used in reality
    Author
    Do you keep your firmware updated? I've never updated mine so I'm going to try it later and I'll also change the battery in it too.
    I had a similar issue with my Nextbase dashcam. You can try formatting the memory card.. I have spoken to Nextbase when I had the same issue. I had a SANDISK brand memory card. Was told by Nextbase that their dashcam and have issues with them and to try an alternative brand. I did this and this resolved the issue. May be worth giving it ago.
    Author
    Which card are you using now? Mine is a SanDisk but I read buying their own more expensive card was a marketing ploy?
's avatar