Posted 23 September 2023

Car Dealer scam ?

parksidereading.co.uk/use…rch

This site look legit , have a feeling it some kind of scam ? Cara seems to cheap and I’m
Interested in one but tried ringing this morn no answer mobile no answer on landline , contacted then on auto trader and they said they think it’s still for sale ?

Saying they will pass it onto the team ! There a small garage with a few cars ?

Can’t figure it out as they have good reviews this week on auto trader

autotrader.co.uk/dea…138
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Website includes "Parkside Reading Limited" in its title, yet there are no mandatory company disclosures stated on the site = strike 1.
    PRL has no obvious and otherwise mandatory data protection registration = strike 2.
    PRLs indicated primary contact details are zero-credibility non-corporate e-address and mobile tel = strike 3.

In general, companies choosing to dismiss (or ignorant of) statutory legislation and having casual attitude towards basic credibility tend to have an equally dismissive / casual attitude towards pre and post-sales consumer legislation and are typically best avoided.
    Auction cars maybe?
    Author
    Car I’m looking at is ex lease
    Something doesn’t seem right. Some of the cars are crazy cheap. 
    I dont like the look of the prices on the site, 2019 Toyota C-HR 38,500 miles £9,995.
    Autotrader like for like is £18,299.
    8k price less should sound warning bells.
    Their information and accounts can be seen plus directors' details on Companies House website. Googling the mobile number turns up several different names of car dealers at the address. In fact, not in their name, but there are several car and van dealers with different unit numbers there also.

OP - you're in Manchester and the car is in Reading. Not the easiest journey to do if there is an issue. Of course checking the MOT history will confirm mileage etc. I did check one which had just been issued with a new MOT but when put through the test had no catalytic converter plus other fairly important things missing/needing attention.
    That observation assumes Gov CH data is related to the company claiming to operate subject website.
    yet subject website does not quote company registration nor trading status details,
    and even if it did quote credible disclosures there are other items that are questionable / not credible as you have noted.
    Website is also 6 months old which could be completely innocent, but added to other red flags is a cuase for concern

who.is/who….uk
    Can anyone tell me what happened witch car leasing topic?
    HUKD admin terrified of receiving a knock from UK financial regulator FCA.
    hahaha thanks for replay.
    "Temporary" suspension of finance-related deals since Feb 2022:
    hotukdeals.com/dis…400
    Author
    Here you go , email from buyer .

Knew Sumat was fishy haha

7583817791695715329.jpg

Here you go , email from buyer .

Knew Sumat was fishy haha

51062950-fTPOS.jpg

Also there website all cars have Been removed (edited)
    Also there website all cars have Been removed
    Nah.
    Mid-morning 25 Sept 2023: subject website lists 10 vehicles.
    Late eve 26 Sept 2023: subject website lists 11 vehicles.

The "email from buyer" is rubbish though,
    especially as the content clearly indicates it is from a seller,
    but not necessarily a (any?) legitimate seller.
    Cars are still showing on the Auto Trader link though.
    Ye Scam tried this on eBay it's a fake PayPal account
    I spoke with the dealership, so the eBay account they use was hacked into which had multiple ads that were not theirs, eBay were notified and all ads were removed which were not genuine. It’s a security issue  from eBay as this has happened to numerous dealers using eBay.
's avatar