Posted 1 day ago

Case for Samsung Phones and Fast Chargers

So they've only provided a USB C cable for charging which is extremely slow, would be grateful for advice on which one to get (appalling they don't provide it like the old days!(

This and any specific cases for their phones? I'm used to a gel case that worked quite well, but wondering what is the norm for Samsungs?

Thanks so much
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Blame Apple (and to an extent the EU) for the lack of charger being included. Although Motorola did it before Apple, then backtracked.

But not sure why you're blaming the cable - type C charging is faster than other methods, but is dependent on what charger you currently use. Personally I regard fast charging as evil, but maybe that's just me.
    Just to add to this it's not just the charger that is speed dependant, if you want super fast charging you also need a USB C cable that is compatible with Super fast charging as well as the device being compatible. IE if I use the USB C cable that came with my S20FE to try and charge my Samsung Tab S7 it'll only charge at 25W when plugged into the Samsung 45W charger but using a Super fast charging cable that has a PD chip in it when plugged in the device will say super fast 2.0 charging when used with the 45W charger. (edited)
    Which phone do u have? That would determine the maximum wattage your phone can take so u dont waste money. But yes, fast charging all the time is bad for your phone. I have set my phone to disable fast charging from 11pm until 8am so if i charge my phone at bed time it wont use fast charging.
    Author
    S24 ultra, sorry should have said
    As always be specific where you can when posting a question and you generally get better answers.

You haven't told us what phone you are using other than the brand?

Genuine Samsung chargers are often priced well on Amazon (often also cheap direct from Samsung) but we don't know if you need 15w, 25w or 45w without knowing the handset model.

Samsung cases are good quality (but not the cheapest), Spigen, RingKe and ESR are good quality and not too expensive (edited)
    I use a 25w fast charger that I purchased off of Amazon to go with the USB-C cable that came with my S23 Ultra. Roughly takes just over an hour to charge from empty, and despite others saying fast charging is bad, this has been working perfectly for nearly a year now. Last month, it stopped fast charging but ended up being the charge port, which I have had replaced for free under warranty after getting onto Samsung support.
    It's definitely worth upgrading to a 45W charger if it ever breaks or you see a mega cheap deal as the charging time difference is night and day, atleast in my experience. (edited)
    I'd go with the Genuine Samsung 25w

glarity.app/you…446

If you bought you Phone direct form Samsung you may find you have accumulated enough Samsung points form the purchase to cover the cost of a charger/case.

Log into you Samsung account on the store and it will show you how many points you have, you can also part pay with points/cash
    That comparison can't be right between a 25W vs 45W because the difference is night and day in charging time in my experience, however I did just plug in my 45W charger and it did say to charge from 70% to 100% it would take 35mins and with the 25W I have 36mins but I feel that's not accurate at all.

My charger upgrade from a 25W to a 45W was awesome and as for a 15W charger what a waste of time that is. (edited)
's avatar