Posted 5 December 2023

Connecting audio to Dell G2724D monitor with no 3.5mm audio out or USB

I've recently got my son this monitor. He now wants to use it to watch Netflix etc on his Xbox series S but It has no 3.5mm audio out and no usb connections. He wants some computer speakers.

Can anyone suggest the best way to get audio to speakers?

I was thinking, a usb to 3.5mm connector, plugged into the Xbox? Or are there better alternatives?
Community Updates
New Comment

22 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I use one of these (assuming you're connecting via HMDI);

amazon.co.uk/Ext…c=1

But be careful, check it can handle the resolution and refresh rate of a Series S. I'm afraid I don't know what a Series S puts out. I'm still on original Xbox One.
    Author
    Ah ok, thanks. That one seems to be for older consoles. looks like a hdmi 2.1 is over £100!! FFS. I now regret buying this monitor.
    I have got the same problem with my huawei mateview. previously i have used hdmi audio extrator which was 4k with 60hz. it was ok. later on got myself a yamaha soundbar with hdmi passthrough. its so frustrating not to find and sound output from xbox series x/s just to connect normal speakers cheaply.
    Author
    Seems like Amazon have hdmi 2.1 ones but they are over £100. For that price I could have got a better monitor with more connections
    There is no audio out from the Series S (or X) - so you either need to take it from the handset, or use something like suggests.

Personally I used amazon.co.uk/gp/…3KV before I got a new monitor.
    Author
    I'm surprised in 2023 with new tech like my monitor and a new Xbox, how difficult it is to connect some speakers.
's avatar