Posted 1 day ago

Data/Calls Plan Abroad

Hi, we are travelling to Dubai soon for 10 days. In terms of calls we getting the mytello app but im stuck for a data plan. Current provider offering £6 a day for unlimited data and calls…wondering if anyone can recommend a better deal?
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Get a local tourist sim from du or etisalat on arrival. All the details are on their websites.
    I was there a few weeks back, when you arrive at immigration, they will give you a tourist sim which is on the du network and preloaded with 1gb and deactivates when you leave the country (they link it to your passport).

Unlimited data was around 50USD.

Also in Dubai you won’t be able to video call or use voip unless you have a VPN. (edited)
    Imo worked fine
    My last trip I used an esim from nomad, $19 for 10gb up to 30 days. There are discount codes around for $3 off if you search the net. Worked perfectly fine

An esim can no longer be purchased by a tourist once you arrive in the country, only physical sims.

I can also confirm the above regarding the 1gb sim given free at the airport, just after going through passport control.
    UAE is included in this deal as a start so there's a free 1GB hotukdeals.com/sha…200

As others are said you should also get a free SIM at immigration that will give you 1GB - I think it only works for 24 hours though - if multiple of you just use one, hotspot between each other, then use the other one.
    Can't you manage on hotel and restaurants Free WiFi?
    There are some places where there is no wifi, especially when you need to call a taxi.
    I just come back and would recommend a data sim for the bare essentials. 
's avatar