Posted 55 minutes ago

Deliveroo adding 'extended delivery fee'

Just had this via email, well last night but didn't spot it

Deliveroo are adding an 'extended' delivery fee' starting from 1st May. Personally i find them to be pricey anyway, unless using strong code/offer - Price for super convenience i guess, some take the P*** though.

They, Deliveroo, have already updated their terms, ready for said date.

Email below, in full.

Hi Dan

We would like to update you on some changes we’re making to your Plus Silver membership from 1st May.

Changes to your Plus Silver membership

Some of our partners are further away, and our riders need to go the extra mile to get these orders to you. For these deliveries, we will now be charging all of our customers a small extended delivery fee, so these ‘long distance’ orders will no longer be eligible for free delivery.

This fee will be discounted, exclusively for Plus customers, so you’ll pay less than other Deliveroo customers and you’ll also save on service fees as normal.

Here’s a reminder of all the benefits you get with your Plus Silver membership:

• Free delivery on eligible restaurant orders over £15
  • Free delivery on eligible grocery and retail orders over £25
  • Access exclusive offers & Plus rewards

What do I need to do?

We’ll be making some updates to your Plus Terms and Conditions to reflect these changes. You can access those terms here. Screenshot for easier reading (Note the extended part)

4329140-eYGIf.jpg
If you are unhappy with the changes to your membership, you can cancel your Deliveroo Plus subscription before the changes take effect. Simply go to the ‘My subscription’ section in ‘My Account’ in app or visit us here, click on "Contact Us" and one of our team will be in touch. Otherwise, you’ll be deemed to have accepted the changes when they take effect.

Soon as/when i have further information, i'll update. I expect fees will vary.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I don't use Uber Eats, Deliveroo and Just Eat for delivery now unless there's a good promotional code or if it's a special occasion like a Birthday but then it's usually pizza delivery (still not cheap mind!). Just a few weeks ago a McDonald's meal was around £12 if I got it delivered but only about £6 if I picked up (edited)
    Author
    Hello again

Yeah, unless you need something really urgent/can't get out the house and/or a super strong offer/code, i rarely use it. Be good to understand, nearer the time, what they're going to charge. Fees, in general, including just eat, are getting out of control.

Again though, super convenience for food shopping, for those 'little bits'. As/when i order a takeaway, i try and go direct, where possible.