Posted 15 March 2024

Desktop tower required + budget

I'm looking for the best possible tower for family member....

General use
Photoshop casual use
Office programs etc.
WiFi

The budget is £400now £600

Pre-build is the only option required.

No windows or office required as can buy cheap key etc

Any help is much appreciated as I'm out of touch with the best or latest pc offerings etc.

EDIT: previous tower was AMD 8gb ram etc but ran into problems then some random computer person swapped it out for a dell version which was half the spec and scammed the family member.

This refurb has crashed on a daily basis and I believe my family member would prefer something to last.

So the budget has been extended to £600 but must include a monitor 24 inch no need for gaming level.
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    AMD Ryzen Value

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600G - 6 Cores - 12 Threads 3.9/4.4Ghz
    • ASUS TUF A520M-PLUS II
    • PALICOMP 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
    • ADATA 480GB Sata3 SSD
    • AMD Radeon Graphics
    • KOLINK HF Mesh ARGB 6 Fan +
    • 500W PSU
    • NO OPERATING SYSTEM

at £280.00

click on the name of this follow utuber and search 5600G for more photoshop performance videos.
    - if u want to add a gpu laters; upgrade psu on site +25 in promo, also consider: 1TB +35

- cheapest 5600G, select a alt case if u want smaller

May be Ryzen 7 5700g + 16GB RAM?
    CEX are a good shout, been some great deals from there!
    I'd just pick up a used Ex-Corp Dell Optiplex on eBay, perfectly useable and very reliable (millions of people use one everyday!)

Also a choice of form factor, Tower, Minitower, Desktop, small form factor desktop, Ultra small form factor desktop. Why have a bigger lump of tin lying around than you need.

If you don't want to look at used then the Dell Outlet is a good option, usually some decent reductions
    Author
    Based on the family members past issues I'm unsure about the used option. I know some are probably very good and half the budget possibly.

I'll put all of the options forward for them to select a top few from.

So you have any recommendations of which ones or the ideal specs to look for?
    Dell Outlet sometimes have good sales (right time, right place sort of situation), itzoo (though they tend to sell laptops more than anything).

Zoostorm-sales on ebay were great but I think they've rebranded since I last bought a desktop!
    Author
    Thank you for the info I'll check them all out and see what meets the budget etc
    Hi guys, sorry to hijack but I'm after a desktop to run large excel files, clueless with what spec to get so any help would be appreciated, budget of £500 thanks
's avatar