Posted 1 March 2016

Drain petrol from Vauxhall corsa energy

How can I drain Petrol from full tank of my car before will be collected by Copart as was written off please?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Get underneath and pop the pipe off at the fuel filter, then open the filler cap and it should drain down.
    Author
    does exist another way Please?
    rencca

does exist another way Please?

An old hose and good lungs!
    There will be anti-siphon technology in place if you thought you might do it that way. Simply as Deerbrinker has said, just pop it off around the fuel filter. Its a 5 min job, might need to take a back wheel off. YouTube "how to change a fuel filter".
    Do what the bad boys do go under the car and pierce the tank and let it drain.
    It would take hours to get it out the filter without a pump. If its the 3 cylinder petrol i popped off an injector pipe and cranked it over to get diesel out of one i hired. Do it in stages or starter will burn out
    There's a 12v pump for sale at Aldi or Lidl, I can't remember which, that you can put on the end of your fuel filter as people have said and just connect it to the battery and let it pump it out. The pump is only £13.
    remove the rear seat & open the tank from above & siphon from above. Dont use electrics & use a tube that fills your container outside & on the ground.
    Oh & have a fire extinguisher handy & dont swallow
    What year / model corsa b/c/d ?
    As all are different
    You should be able to siphon from the petrol tank to a container lower down.

Stick a tube in, suck till petrol comes out, spit some petrol out your mouth and let the tube drain into the container.
    Author
    Corsa energy 2011\
    Author
    2010, but first registration January 2011
    Loads of vids on YT but this one looks really easy and best of all - no fuel in your mouth! Some of the 'comments' are great to read, too.

https://youtu.be/xpHqraOdMDs

Best regards, Phsy.
    rencca

2010, but first registration January 2011

Hose pipe with angled end
    Slice with Stanley blade
    These can be syphoned from the filler
    Push and twist hose
    Best to buy a cheap plastic syphon hand pump
    Petrol tastes disgusting
's avatar