Posted 1 day ago

Draytek router WAN/Lan Configurations

Hi,

Is it possible to have two ISP’s - Adsl2 and Ethernet input

Going to two separate lan’s

I.e
WAN1 to only serve LAN1

WAN2 to only Serve LAN2

If so would you be able to offer and guidance?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It's possible (probably not with that hardware though). Do the Lans need to talk to each other? If not then it would be easier to set up as 2 seperate networks. You would need a lot of configuration (policy based VLANs are not trivial to configure) to avoid loops.
    You would be best using a custom VM as consumer hardware probably won't have the required throughput you would desire
    I suppose like others have said due to the specificity of the use case it's probably easier to buy a second piece of hardware.

You could get a cheap zyxel device with or something similar with vdsl2 from CeX and something for just cable should be even cheaper. Split the 12v with a cheap cable off eBay if sockets are an issue.

If the lans need to talk to each other that's a different story. (edited)
    What model of Draytek router is it you have?
    Author
    Hi, it’s a Draytek 2866
    Author
    Thank you for your help
    I had a draytek 2862 and it’s very straight forward to have multiple WAN connections and then setup rules for forwarding to a given WAN based on its LAN ip or port, destination.
    Yep.  The draytek has everything you need - no additional kit required.  Draytek have some great guides which will tell you how to configure.  Google search draytek vlan and draytek load balance.
's avatar