Posted 30 December 2023

Easy to clean bean to Cup Coffee Machines ?

*well atleast my title rhymes* , but yeah I've recently had the beko ceg5311bio machine from this page which was awful to clean/got the stainless steel version as a replacement but not opened it yet while think it'll be much the same,

then whenever I see a bean to cup deal since they've pretty much all said about been a nightmare to clean, I've worked as a barista before so gone back to my old delonghi espresso machine and enjoying that again so is there actually any fully automatic bean to cup machines that are easy to clean ? or would it be recommended to buy a bean to cup but with the group handle/steam wand attachments,

also from my limited bean to cup experience there was way too much over grinding of the coffee beans, the espresso was weak even when doubled, the milk frother on my 1 had an auto cut of but alot of time it wasn't to the 140°c/I still had my milk jug and thermometer while using it to check, thanks for any (if any) advice here.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It's the reason we stopped using the silly expensive barista one we got as a wedding present, more effort to clean it than to enjoy the coffee!
    First world problems eh. At the end of the day I guess you do get rewarded depending on how much effort you put in to it. We used it a lot at the start so making 6 cups in one session made the effort to clean it worthwhile. Guests would even brought their own beans for fun. However when it was just coffee for 2 it just wasn't worth the effort.
    Author
    That's exactly where I was at in the end I couldn't enjoy the coffees thinking how many more til it reminds me it needed cleaning/even then it wouldn't let me froth the milk til that's done so the espresso would be ruined waiting when that did happen,

That sounds a great way to use it though more per session/different varieties of beans etc etc to see if anything works better cause I did start to change the strength/blend of beans too but in the end the espresso machine worked out so much better for me,

As you say for not worth the effort for 2 I've only been drinking 1 a day recently/double shot so just as easy to fill a double espresso group handle once and clean as I go really.
    I have the esam 4200 and don't really clean it much. I just make sure the coffee container is empty and the drip tray is rinsed after use. Had had some spent coffee go mouldy in the container and the drip tray can stain brown if left too long. Will wipe the nozzle if I have heated up milk. I wouldn't mind a more high tech machine though! I got a aeropress for Christmas but I haven't tried it yet, just want to see if there is a difference.
    Author
    Ahh that's the exact 1 I've kept looking at on ebay when there's good deals on it/with how good my espresso machine has been by delonghi it makes sense bean to cup wise too, I had the same issue with the coffee pucks going mouldy in the beko machine I was using/so was emptying it alot more than should be required (based on it having an actual prompt light to say it needs emptying), I've been considering trying 1 of those too aswell as getting a French press/cafetiere to test the quality differences overall, the other machine I've looked at is the sage barista express but feels like a lot of trial and error now.