Posted 22 August 2020

Films now on BBC iPlayer: Apocalypse Now / The Shining (original) / Lady Bird / The Revenant

Quite a good selection on there currently, free to license payers obviously

Definitely worth a look if it's raining out....

Also, among others are :

Dangerous Liaisons
The Railway Man
Jane Eyre
The Salesman
Poltergeist
Young Frankenstein

bbc.co.uk/ipl…red
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Great deal! I was just about to post this and another deal I've found. You've beat me to this one so I'll get on with posting the other one about collecting rain water in a bucket. Hope I get loads of heat!!
    Cold. This should be a discussion not a deal.
    Author
    MrAlbert22/08/2020 11:02

Cold. This should be a discussion not a deal.

What is there to discuss ? It's a list of decent films people can enjoy that they might not have been aware are currently on iPlayer, I was well pleased to find the extended version of Apocalypse Now on there so others might be too. That's the idea of this site and this is no different say to the monthly PS Plus games notification
    Good list, thanks sent to a friend with no film subs or iptv.
    Hardly free when we have the TV licence
    tallpete3323/08/2020 19:28

Double standards from the mods on here these days.....

They were allowed as deals during the lockdown but not now.
    tallpete3322/08/2020 11:11

What is there to discuss ? It's a list of decent films people can enjoy …What is there to discuss ? It's a list of decent films people can enjoy that they might not have been aware are currently on iPlayer, I was well pleased to find the extended version of Apocalypse Now on there so others might be too. That's the idea of this site and this is no different say to the monthly PS Plus games notification

Not my rules, but I believe it falls under the one about "permanent offers".

You can probably check with the mods who will give you chapter and verse on why it was moved
    tallpete3322/08/2020 11:11

What is there to discuss ? It's a list of decent films people can enjoy …What is there to discuss ? It's a list of decent films people can enjoy that they might not have been aware are currently on iPlayer, I was well pleased to find the extended version of Apocalypse Now on there so others might be too. That's the idea of this site and this is no different say to the monthly PS Plus games notification

iPlayer is free, ps plus is not.
    Author
    awiew22/08/2020 11:24

Der...TV license
    Author
    Big_Rik22/08/2020 14:09

Hardly free when we have the TV licence

I didn't say it was free.
    awiew22/08/2020 11:24

I was going to ask, is this 'BBC iPlayer' thing worth subscribing to? Should it's price have been posted along with this 'deal'?
    £157.50 for the privilege for me.. so a horrid deal as to watch non BBC channels I have to pay this tax.
    I believe the Lost Boys can be added to this list. There was a deal but not sure what happened to it.
's avatar