Posted 27 December 2023

Fix Door Handle

Hi, any ideas please? Unable to fix the handle part back on this door handle. The screw in the photo that's exposed is located behind the long metal bar that is the turning mechanism.

Anyone know how to get to the screw to fix the handle please? Thanks

4269800-9Fo78.jpg4269800-JVVzA.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Looks like a grub screw in the chrome stem that grips the bar. Take that out, then take out the bar, and the screw may either fall out or need to be unscrewed
    Author
    It's solid so I can't get out at all
    I see no pics (edited)
    Author
    updated, sorry!
    Can you not pull the spigot out? They aren't usually attached in any way. Might be able to get it out with pliers. Then I would imagine you could get to the screw
    51843795-wFNmh.jpg
    As mentioned you've got to undo this with an allen key. You should then be about to get the solid bar out, or spindle bar out. Then put a screw driver in the hole and I'd hope it'll find the screw head so you can re attach the handle part.
    Author
    Thanks, is that definitely an allen key slot though?
    Author
    I got it off! Thanks. However I think the screw inside is dead and there's no way of screwing it back on as when you go inside the metal part, there's no screw head and no way to replace the actual screw itself
    Using pliers, try turning the bolt from the outside.
    If that doesn't work, and seeing as the next alternative is a full replacement then you can't lose anything by beating the screw/bolt back down the tube. If it comes out then you replace with a screw of your choice.
    That's a shame, you could take the screw inside out and try find another bolt to use instead.
    How did the handle unscrew in the first place? Was it pulled/forced off?
    If the threads have sheared then replacing the bolt will do nothing for you. Instead, fill the hole with Araldite or Super Glue and bond it into place
    Benchmarx, Howdens or B&Q.
    Probably find a replacement. Get the item number and look on eBay ect.

Cheaply made. Try and keep a couple spare.

Look on the top of the door edges for supplier if you can find a door with original writing on that's not been planed off. Handles normally come with doors (edited)
    Screwfix usually have decent offers on door handles. 
's avatar